Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I woke up this morning reminiscing about the off-roading yesterday and thought to myself... those stock tires are [email protected]#... time for some real tires. So told the hubby, (yup it's me the wife), get online and get lookin'! So within an hour (thanks to tips found on the forum) we were off to the tire shop to purchase and install 5 spankin new Nokian Vatiivas:rocker:.
Of course that meant test drive!!! So off we go down the bush roads to find some mud and high water (my favourite) and find it we did. Got the hubby to jump out to take a photo of my at least third time through the same mud pit of fun. The saddest part of the day was realizing it was time to go home but at least I am home celebrating the new additions with a nice cold one:cheers: and planning tomorrows adventure (supposed to rain again tonight, yippee:umbrella:)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
nice, good for you

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
You're a dirty girl. :clap:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You're a dirty girl. :clap:
I'd say my husband appreciates a wife that enjoys roughing it like the boys. Maybe I'll let him drive off road once and awhile too.:shinner:

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Nice looking tire.. I've never heard of them. I'l very interested in how they perform.. Ron

So I woke up this morning reminiscing about the off-roading yesterday and thought to myself... those stock tires are [email protected]#... time for some real tires. So told the hubby, (yup it's me the wife), get online and get lookin'! So within an hour (thanks to tips found on the forum) we were off to the tire shop to purchase and install 5 spankin new Nokian Vatiivas:rocker:.
Of course that meant test drive!!! So off we go down the bush roads to find some mud and high water (my favourite) and find it we did. Got the hubby to jump out to take a photo of my at least third time through the same mud pit of fun. The saddest part of the day was realizing it was time to go home but at least I am home celebrating the new additions with a nice cold one:cheers: and planning tomorrows adventure (supposed to rain again tonight, yippee:umbrella:)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice looking tire.. I've never heard of them. I'l very interested in how they perform.. Ron
My husband said these were probably the best for us because they need to perform equally well in mud and snow way up here in northern Ontario. We also do some minimal highway driving, and he doesn't like to change tires every time we need to go to Costco (over three hours away)!:mecry: Also, Nokian is a Finnish tire company and they have virtually identical terrain, and winters as we do up here. So far I'm impressed with how they handle mud...:devil:

·
Registered
2,838 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Well my uses will be quite different, to say the least! Whenever we get the rare (these days) snow, we all go out to play. I need a good long range "roadtrip" tire that will handle our Christmas trips to Taos, summer trips to the southwest, light trail use and rain-rain-rain.. I'm tired of sliding all over the road with GY MTR's. Cheers.. Ron

PS: In Ouray last summer, Sandy (wife) wasn't too happy with the closest Walmart being at Montrose.. LOL.. She would freak with a three hour drive.. LOL

My husband said these were probably the best for us because they need to perform equally well in mud and snow way up here in northern Ontario. We also do some minimal highway driving, and he doesn't like to change tires every time we need to go to Costco (over three hours away)!:mecry: Also, Nokian is a Finnish tire company and they have virtually identical terrain, and winters as we do up here. So far I'm impressed with how they handle mud...:devil:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's a killer splash pic! :D
Thanks, it was quite a ride, couldn't see much through the windshield once the wave came down.:jawdrop: The best part was the pooch was along for the ride she is digging the new ride except not being able to stick her head out the window.:mecry:

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Glad you like the new rubber. And glad you're havin fun with the FJ. Does the hubby really want to get behind the wheel, and are you going to let him ??:)

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
I like the look of those tires, post a pic of them on your truck when you get a chance!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Attachments

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
They look good on there! The Vatiiva M/T looks very interesting as well!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
They look good on there! The Vatiiva M/T looks very interesting as well!
The M/T's look amazing, I agree. I had to go with the A/T because this is our one and only vehicle (my response to people who give me the evil eye and probably have two or three 'greener' vehicles themselves- sorry, had to get that out there, I'm sure some of yu have experienced this as well), and I don't feel like changing tires all the time. The Vatiiva A/T has really good all-around performance, but is especially good in snow and mud, which we see a lot of up here. We also have to drive 8-10 hours on the highway to see the families about twice a year, so again, I don't feel like changing tires all the time. Maybe down the road I'll pick up a hybrid beater and put some nice mudders on the FJ!!!

:cheers:

·
Registered
387 Posts
Bender I'm in the same boat......I would like to ad an aggressive tire but the FJ is my main vehicle for my wife and I. Oh by the way I seen a black FJ with a 3 inch lift at James Toyota, I've been looking around town but can't seem to find him, I wanted to pick his brain to see where he had it done. I'm kinda hanging I want new meats for the fj, but I also want to lift it as well, if I do I need to step up at least 1 or 2 sizes.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts