Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 60 of 95 Posts

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
WOW! Watched the video and it looks awesome! Cant what to get down there. Will be spending a couple of extra day before and after the event to do some rock hounding and metal detecting. Hope to get some suggestion on where to go and where to camp out. Will be ruffing it in the back of the rig so don't need a lot of space. May cant get here fast enough! :laugh

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
I might have signed up too, but this is also Cruise Moab weekend. I spent some time in Goldpoint a couple of years ago. Neat old town.

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
If you are out there sitting on the side, trying to decide whether to go on this trip or not.

Just go.

It's a great area to explore. You will have a ton of fun and so will your FJ.

I only wish I could go.

·
Registered
79 Posts
For some of my loser friends who do NOT own FJs, but do have other forms of capable offroad vehicles, is this excursion open for other vehicles as well? Also, is there any kind of limit on number of registrants/vehicles before it's closed?

Thank you,

Hildebrand

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
For some of my loser friends who do NOT own FJs, but do have other forms of capable offroad vehicles, is this excursion open for other vehicles as well? Also, is there any kind of limit on number of registrants/vehicles before it's closed?

Thank you,

Hildebrand
It is open to anyone who wants to attend. This is a non-discriminatory event. :rocker:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Could you give me a little more info on camp sites so I can plan ahead. Are there restrooms close by? And I'm assuming there's plenty so I won't need a reservation?
Also been looking into affordable ways to bring extra fuel but not too sure if I'll really need to.
Thanks can't wait.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Could you give me a little more info on camp sites so I can plan ahead. Are there restrooms close by? And I'm assuming there's plenty so I won't need a reservation?
Also been looking into affordable ways to bring extra fuel but not too sure if I'll really need to.
Thanks can't wait.
YOur event registration serves as your camping reservation. There is an outhouse to be used during the night hours. During the day the saloon is open and it has nice bathrooms. There is also a shower available. Camping is a large open site, and there is room all over for overflow.

We'll be looking for you there!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Just registered - Looking forward to the trip. A couple clarification questions for those who are organizing:

1. Are open campfires allowed - can we bring in wood for burning?
2. Do people bring their dogs? Is it dog friendly?
3. Is there a general schedule/time for the meals - breakfast, lunch, dinner?

Thank you,

The Kraken

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Just registered - Looking forward to the trip. A couple clarification questions for those who are organizing:

1. Are open campfires allowed - can we bring in wood for burning?
2. Do people bring their dogs? Is it dog friendly?
3. Is there a general schedule/time for the meals - breakfast, lunch, dinner?

Thank you,

The Kraken
Campfires are allowed. He has several fire pits with plenty of space to pull up a chair. Absolute bring your fur baby. Dinner will be served at 6pm, Breakfast around 0700. Lunches are on you.

Hope to see you there!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Just noticed this thread Nick. I live in St George Utah so I'm not too far away. I'll run it past the wife and see what she think. Also I'd have to get my work to give me a couple days off. Love the ghost town in idea. It's mine and the wife's favorite.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Just noticed this thread Nick. I live in St George Utah so I'm not too far away. I'll run it past the wife and see what she think. Also I'd have to get my work to give me a couple days off. Love the ghost town in idea. It's mine and the wife's favorite.
Cool! We hope to see you there!:rocker:

41 - 60 of 95 Posts