Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Wild West 2016 (Come explore some ghost towns with us)

14K views 94 replies 24 participants last post by  DRTCRZR 
#1 ·
I just wanted to send out early note about our 2016 Ghost Town event called Wild West. Kyle finished up the website today. Registration opens on 1/9. We've mapped out some awesome trails and if that doesn't suit you, there's hundreds of miles of trails to explore on your own. If you do not camp, lodging is limited as this is a real old west ghost town. Herb, the owner, has some restored cabins for rent and there are a few rooms just north in Goldfield.

We look forward to seeing you there!

Wild West

See less See more
#3 ·
I won't make this, but it sure looks like fun. I did some of my first motorcycle off-road riding from Gold Point down into Death Valley. We used to have an annual January event in Beatty that I would attend each year. It was always a challenge just to get to Beatty from my home in the northwest. But it was always worth it.

Reactions: Vegas_Nick
#4 ·
Will try to make it.

Been through here a lot, but usually under the auspices of BITD, SCORE, HDRA, etc., which is to say - as quickly as possible.

#12 ·
Hey Nick,
Looks like great fun and community. Tell me please, I remember you or someone going deep into a mine shaft with barely a turn around at the end. Is this in the vicinity? If not, where is that located?

If I can make it due to financial and earning constraints, I will be cross country from deep south Florida. So a few hundred mile detour to experience that adventure would be practical. I would probably visit family in Los Angeles at that time (although they have really thin parking spots and I hate door dings #%$@!)

Possibly, I am way out of line as to proximatiy and geography. Please advise.

I need a little adventure and vacation in my life.

Cheers!

#13 ·
Possibly, I am way out of line as to proximatiy and geography. Please advise.
I show that as a 7-hour detour out of your way, assuming Interstate 10 from Florida to Los Angeles. Well worth it.

#16 ·
For those planning on attending the Wild West event, you HAVE to purchase the meals as part of the registration or you will most likely NOT get food. We have to be able to order food based on the number of people that have paid. There will be a very limited number of meals available for purchase to those not paying during registration. Keep in mind that this is a real ghost town and food has to be shipped in. we added the meal options in the registration in order to eliminate wasted food at the end. Registration | Wild West

#22 ·
Dam Nick would love to go But busy keeping airplanes flying in the Pacific Northwest. Have fun brother.

Craig

Reactions: Vegas_Nick
#36 ·
Nick, is this an annual event. Definitely interested in joining you and the extended group on a weekend of exploring. Just that this year isn't going to work out for me.

Thanks!

#40 ·
Bumping with some pics from the pre-run of some of the trails:

It was snowing in the mountains that day!

Lots of stars to see out there!

The saloon keeps Sarsaparilla on hand for the kids.

I found this little canyon by accident. Don't worry though, I saved the tracks for it.

Lots of wide open spaces:

Plenty of room to camp!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.