Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wildflowers where awesome in Anza Borrego this weekend.

These pictures DO NOT even come close to showing how incredible it is out there right now.

Entering Coyote Canyon

The Ocatillos will be blooming soon

Nicky roaming around in the flowers

Coyote Canyon trail

Inspiration Wash in the Badlands

Crossing a large dune at the end of Inspiration Wash

Lifting my hind leg on the rock garden

A bunch of Unimogs (note to self: do not try to follow these guys- ask me later)

Following Michael on a large Wash

Beautiful trails – Beautiful day

Tcao came by and visited us Saturday night at the Palm Canyon campground.

Thanks for coming by Thong.

I would recommend getting out to Anza Borrego in the next few weeks to see the wildflowers, and before it gets too hot.

Until next time…

·
Registered
126 Posts
i was just out there as well and would have to agree this is the perfect time to go out to Anza Borrego. The weather and is perfect and the flowers are beautiful.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
great photos! Looks like it's a good year for wildflowers there. I love Anza Borrego... I miss that about living in S.D. We went out in search of NorCal wildflowers today in Morgan Territory (instead of going to Tahoe, wimper wimper) -- it's still too early at that elevation.

You should post up your "findings" here! :)

http://www.calphoto.com/wflower.htm

·
Premium Member
6,921 Posts
Looks awesome!

so lets here the story about the mogs. :)

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Cool pics Vince. I'll be down there this coming weekend. Hope to see the same and more! So, chime up on the mogs!

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
We decided to follow the Mogs up a VERY steep, VERY sandy hill, which we did without any problem, but once over the hill and down a bit, the trail had a small cliff drop about 4 feet tall.

I think we could have made it down without flipping over, but it was way too hairy for us, and if we had to come back that way, there would be no way to go back up that ledge without a lot of road work.

Instead I just shot that picture of them slowly going on their way, turned around, and headed back into the wash.

Those things are awesome!

:wave:

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Great ground clearance and low center of gravity. Sounds like an oxymoron, but the portal axles really are pretty amazing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts