Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title asks, Will 2011 Front and rear OEM shocks fit on an older 2007? Specifically off the off-road package, part numbers:

Bilstein 48510-OW060 (front coil overs)
Bilstein 48530-OW040 (rear shocks)

I called my local dealer and spoke with the parts department, as well as one of their mechanics and both said they couldn't give me a clear answer because the part numbers are different and I would just have to try it out for myself. So before I buy a set from a fellow forum member I will like to know if anyone has an experience 2011 parts on a 2007.

Thank you in advance,
Andrew

·
Registered
627 Posts
As the title asks, Will 2011 Front and rear OEM shocks fit on an older 2007? Specifically off the off-road package, part numbers:

Bilstein 48510-OW060 (front coil overs)
Bilstein 48530-OW040 (rear shocks)

I called my local dealer and spoke with the parts department, as well as one of their mechanics and both said they couldn't give me a clear answer because the part numbers are different and I would just have to try it out for myself. So before I buy a set from a fellow forum member I will like to know if anyone has an experience 2011 parts on a 2007.

Thank you in advance,
Andrew
I don't know about you, but I am having a very hard time finding any information on the 2011 Toyota-Bilsteins with the mark 48510-OW060.

They came off a 2011 4WD, so I am a$$-u-ming that they will go on my 2011 2WD.

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...toyota-bilstein-strut-shock-mark-numbers.html

If you need any measurements or pics of the 48510-OW060's or anything, let me know tonight because they are getting installed in the morning.

-FJ Florida-

·
Registered
82 Posts
These part no. are Toyota part no. They're put on the shocks for Toyota's inventory and production control purpose. Bilstein, old and current part no. doesn't cross reference. Knowing Toyota, whom I worked with them for many years, the part no. change does have impact on specs. The slighest change in specs Toyota will assign different part no. In this case, likely the valve settings are likely different. This is also because Toyota would test the vehicle and find the necessity to change the valving to improve either ride quality or performance. Bilstein basically just build them according to Toyota's request.

As far as will it fit? Yes, the top-hat mount and lower mount are the same across all the FJ, just matter if the spec match or not and how it affects the performance. IMO, you'll hardly notice much difference, as the coils springs are progressively rated, so the truck will find its own leveling point from the different weight bias across the vehicles all 4 corners. For FJFlorida's case, the ride may feel a bit stiffer when going over bump, since 4WD springs are slightly heavier in the spring rate.

I am a Bilstein dealer, and if you guys wish to pursuit this I can contact Bilstein and see if they're willing to release any info, as these kind of info for their OEM customer (TOYOTA) is a bit sensitive for them to release.. yes, they're weird like that. :) PM me if you like me to give it a try. :thinkerg:

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
These part no. are Toyota part no. They're put on the shocks for Toyota's inventory and production control purpose. Bilstein, old and current part no. doesn't cross reference. Knowing Toyota, whom I worked with them for many years, the part no. change does have impact on specs. The slighest change in specs Toyota will assign different part no. In this case, likely the valve settings are likely different. This is also because Toyota would test the vehicle and find the necessity to change the valving to improve either ride quality or performance. Bilstein basically just build them according to Toyota's request.

As far as will it fit? Yes, the top-hat mount and lower mount are the same across all the FJ, just matter if the spec match or not and how it affects the performance. IMO, you'll hardly notice much difference, as the coils springs are progressively rated, so the truck will find its own leveling point from the different weight bias across the vehicles all 4 corners. For FJFlorida's case, the ride may feel a bit stiffer when going over bump, since 4WD springs are slightly heavier in the spring rate.

I am a Bilstein dealer, and if you guys wish to pursuit this I can contact Bilstein and see if they're willing to release any info, as these kind of info for their OEM customer (TOYOTA) is a bit sensitive for them to release.. yes, they're weird like that. :) PM me if you like me to give it a try. :thinkerg:
You the man! Thanks for the help, appreciate you helping with the footwork :bigthumb:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts