Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey wassup guys, im shopping for some new tires for my FJ and i just want to find out if anyone here knows if 37" x 12.5 x 16 would fit on my FJ without me having to modify the ride?

thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
No way brother! If you're talking about a lift maybe, but don't turn the wheel and don't hit any bumps. Just leave it in the driveway and look at it with the big tires on it!:bigthumb:

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
No way brother! If you're talking about a lift maybe, but don't turn the wheel and don't hit any bumps. Just leave it in the driveway and look at it with the big tires on it!:bigthumb:
Agreed. No way! Lift and body mount chop is in your future. May even still be a tight fit.

·
Premium Member
2007 Black FJC
2,204 Posts
The limit on tire size is turning and travel. If you go with something that drops the upper/lower arm mount points, then a lift helps - but if it's just a change-out of coil-over (0-3 ish " lift) then the lift won't help any. I saw a post on here back in autumn 06 about getting 37" BFG Krawlers on (and it drove), but it had pretty sever body mount chop and wheel well mods. Anything over about 33.5-34" will touch the wheel well at full stuff and turn.

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
3" sway a way lift + body mount chop= 34" swampers
well thanks for the info :)

does anyone know whats the biggest set of wheels and tires my FJ can ride on without and mods?

im tryin to make it look like a mean offrOADER ;)
you wanna look like it or do you actually wanna do it? you can probably fit 285 bfg at's with out doing anything if you are gonna drive it backand forth to work, thats what i runwith a 3" lift, i have a set of 34" swampers on order for trail runs. The at's don't have enough traction on the rocks.

·
Registered
86 Posts
well thanks for the info :)

does anyone know whats the biggest set of wheels and tires my FJ can ride on without and mods?

im tryin to make it look like a mean offrOADER ;)
If you are not planning to lift and do the body mount chop. The biggest tire are you going to get in there would be a 33" tire depending on the brand and style (all terrain or mud terrain) you want (each 33" tires have different height or width). If you want go safe I'll be go with the Goodyear Wrangler MT 275/70/17; this tire is a little big bigger than the 265/70/17, have that aggressive look you want and is not going to rub with anything.

My suggestion is safe money and wait to get your lift and body mount chop. This way you can fit at least a 35" tire.

good luck and use the search to find more about this subject (it is a lot of info)

·
Premium Member
5,787 Posts
The limit on tire size is turning and travel. If you go with something that drops the upper/lower arm mount points, then a lift helps - but if it's just a change-out of coil-over (0-3 ish " lift) then the lift won't help any. I saw a post on here back in autumn 06 about getting 37" BFG Krawlers on (and it drove), but it had pretty sever body mount chop and wheel well mods. Anything over about 33.5-34" will touch the wheel well at full stuff and turn.
That was RiverRunner...and I don't think he was happy with it

·
Premium Member
2007 Black FJC
2,204 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks alot for all the good info guys!

i just happen to find me a steal of a deal for a set of wheels and tires :) but i guess im not goin to buy em anymore cause i dont have enough dough to mod my lift and body.

maybe ill shop around for some 33x12.5 on 16's ;)

thanks again!

·
Registered
547 Posts
:blah:

OMG I think I need to change my pants.... that is the sexiest FJ Ive ever seen!!! how much will it cost me to that!?!?! Ive got a spare kidney I could sell!!

·
Registered
505 Posts
Nevermind

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.