Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
07 TRD 6" RC lift 35" MT Baja Pro XS on Fuel Shoks bronze 17x10 Spidertrax RezFab V2 Baja Designs
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put the rc 6" lift on my 07 trd fj and did bmc so it doesnt stick out past fenderwell. I put a resz fab 2.0 front bumper on it. My question is im about to order tires and wheels and am going w 17x10 fuel shok -18 offset wheels and want to go with the new mickey thompson baja pro xs tires but no one has the 35x13.50r17 in stock and they are 3 week backorder but found place that has the 38x13.50r17 in stock. Has anyone ran 38s or bigger on a 6" lift? Will they clear? I gotta get somethjng ordered asap so any help would be appreciated.

·
Owner: G3 Offroad
2,196 Posts
Is there a reason you are wanting to run the Pro XS ?

·
Registered
07 TRD 6" RC lift 35" MT Baja Pro XS on Fuel Shoks bronze 17x10 Spidertrax RezFab V2 Baja Designs
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just like them. They look really good they are very aggressive and from reviews seem to be a good tire.

·
2,196 Posts
I have the 38s , and they are very aggressive . Stock OE parts will not hold up well with 38s imho

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
Treyw10 -
What gear ratio did you go with when you re-geared the diffs to be able to pull 38" tires??

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Firemedic ..what did u do to clear the 38s? And as far as stock parts not holding up are u referring to rear axle? I havent re geared yet, was gonna drive it as is until it went out n then go with dana 60 or a diff rearend thats stronger. And in future at some point do a sas.

·
2,196 Posts
Firemedic ..what did u do to clear the 38s? And as far as stock parts not holding up are u referring to rear axle? I havent re geared yet, was gonna drive it as is until it went out n then go with dana 60 or a diff rearend thats stronger. And in future at some point do a sas.
I have not actually installed them yet . I will in July . I have 1 last trip to run with my IFS . But the long story short is everything from my frame down will be removed and replaced

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
You do know that to make the vehicle driveable with 38" tires you are going to have to re-gear both front and rear differentials, right?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea i ended up finding the 35s n stock on amazon. Heres pic

1 - 10 of 10 Posts