Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As per title.
Can someone verify if the new 08 Kenwood will or will NOT work with the old Siirus add on unit SIR KEN1.

Kenwood has put out a new Sirius add on unit. But I have lifetime on my unit.

·
Registered
61 Posts
As per title.
Can someone verify if the new 08 Kenwood will or will NOT work with the old Siirus add on unit SIR KEN1.

Kenwood has put out a new Sirius add on unit. But I have lifetime on my unit.
While I cannot directly answer your question, you CAN transfer the lifetime subscription up to 3 times for $75 each time.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
While I cannot directly answer your question, you CAN transfer the lifetime subscription up to 3 times for $75 each time.

That I know, and it is UPTO $75. But that is HORSE$$$$!
Just another way to pull more cash from a consumer. The old connect is a 13pin to both the head unit and the Sirius tuner(SIR KEN1).

(From what I have gathered so far) The 2008/09 head unit still takes a 13pn But the new Sirius Tuner SCC1 is a 8pin output. So their wiring is 13pin to 8Pin connecting cable.
Or you have to get the Sirius connect KCA SR50 with a output to the headunit is a 13pin and input 8pin from a Sirius tuner or Docking station for a portable unit (SC VDOC1).

I called the kenwood support and the rep didn't know too much.
He knew of only one tuner that could be use and that was the SCC1 (car only, like te one I have).
He didn't even know that there is a docking station for a portable Sirius tuner unit and the head unit can control the tuner.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts