Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am buying some of the parts later this week and would like imput for if this setup will work. First is I'm looking at the demello prerunner winch bumper and some sort of winch. Next I'm planning on doing an Old Man Emu lift, I'm thinking 885s in the front because this bumper seems to be relatively light. I will also add that shim on the drivers side to level out the front. For the back bumper I think I'll go with Rear wrap around bumper and have d-rings and the built in lights, but I'm not sure about the wieght of this bumper so I don't know if I need heavy or medium springs. I would like to add the spacers in the back for the full 3in lift. As for wheels and tires I'm thinking Moto Metal 17x9 957MO with a slight spacer to give a wider more agressive stance. Lastly, I'm looking into a well priced pizza cutter 10.5-11.5 with tire around a 33' I'm thinking. Please let me know if you think my setup will work and what spring you recommend in the front and back. Also any imput on the demello prerunner vs. tube bumper is apreciated as I'm stuck between the two. (Note: the winch will not be bought for awhile as the rest of these parts are first on my list and I'd like to have all this installed without the winch for awhile.)

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts
My winch weighs 125lbs I would go heavy up front and a stiff ride doesn't bother me at all so I would do the same out back. I have moto metal wheels not sure on the Back spacing but with 285 tires they already stick out past the fenders.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I don't have any experience with OME but from what I've read on the forum you do not need the heavy OME springs on the front or back unless you have a ton of weight. Jbell uses the mediums and a 3/4" trim packer + diff drop to achieve a full 3" lift in the front.

Slight spacer for the wheels isn't very safe, the spidertrax are 1.5" or 1.25" ( can't remember ) and no smaller, but they give you new studs to mount to.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My winch weighs 125lbs I would go heavy up front and a stiff ride doesn't bother me at all so I would do the same out back. I have moto metal wheels not sure on the Back spacing but with 285 tires they already stick out past the fenders.
Did you have any trouble with the offset? Most of the moto metal I've found have a -12mm

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I've been running OME heavies in the front and mediums in the back for close to four years now; first year without any weight up front and the last three years I've had an Expedition One front bumper (no winch). I don't find that it has a rough ride but I have had one or two comments from passengers that the ride is firm.

An FJer local to me swapped out his medium springs after year because of sag; he had an ARB bumper with a winch though... a lot of weight.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Sounds good to me. I too would look at the heavies.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts