Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a question.. My FJ has a OME 4 in lift. I currently have the Pro Comp X Terrain 33's all around, including spare on 17's. I want to go 35's. Is this possible without affecting the lift?

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
35" tires will fit with the OMEs, but it will require a body mount chop as well as some fender well trimmings.

Also you won't be able to run the factory wheels with the 35s unless you get a wheel spacer or a after market wheel with a small enough back spacing. Otherwise if you don't get spacer for the factory wheels, the tires will rub against the UCAs.:cool:

·
Registered
831 Posts
ya i also want to know when ome makes a 4 inch lift but oh well maybe a typo

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
You'll have rubbing issues with 35's at full lock even if you chop the body mounts if they're 12" wide tires.

I'd stick with the 33's if I were you. You can run the 33's without a spacer and without RE-GEARING your FJ. If you want to run 35's you need to seriously consider re-gearing the rig and lowering the ratio. That means more power, but the mileage will suffer (more). If I was to re-gear, I'd put in an ARB air locker at the same time.

Consider the complete impact that 35's have before you leap.:read:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts