Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just mounted a sweet set of 295 70 17 nitto trail graplers M/Ts on factory alloys with a 3" procomp lift. They are sweet!!! but they run super close to the UCA's and at full turn they rub. On the straight away there cool.. My question is will a set of 1.25/ 1.50 wheel spacers fix the rub on UCA's at full turn. Im sure I will probly have to do a body chop but thats cool. Thanks:rocker:

·
Registered
212 Posts
spacer will fix that, u will have alot more space away from the UCA, but also might rub on the bodymount,

that same happen to me so when i added the spacer 1.5, i had to bodymount chop it

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool.. so 1.25 or 1.5 " spacers or does it matter? its only a 1/4 " difference can't make to big of a deal. thanks

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Go with the smaller one.

·
Premium Member
8,997 Posts
The reason to go with the smaller one, is a matter of increasing the size of the arc you wheel makes. The bigger the spacer, the larger arc your wheel makes.
For example if you turn the drivers wheel all the way left , you are actually turning the wheel somewhat sideways and the the tires then, is closer to the body mount. If the arc is too large, you will not only have to really shave the body mount, but also the body will need some clearancing.
That's the long answer to why you should use the 1.25". It comes more into play with 35's, but you never know down the road if you will decide to go bigger with the tires

·
Registered
82 Posts
Just make sure you get a good quality spacer. Also make sure you realign your FJ after. Otherwise you'll get poor tire wear by increasing your track width. :)

·
Registered
680 Posts
Interesting. I never thought that adding a spacer would require an alignment. I guess anytime you mess with the wheels and suspension you should always get an alignment. Thank goodness for the lifetime alignment at firestone! Thanks for the information everyone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts