Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys - Need the opinion of all you wheel experts!

Will these wheels fit stock suspension w/o rubbing. I was hoping to go with the largest tires possible, 285/50-22 or 285/45-22.

Please no flames please from all you rock crawlers. I know these would suck off-road but the nearest my FJ gets to off-road is on a gravel driveway!

Thanks in advance for any input.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Diameter and width should be no problem. You'll have to find the right backspacing to make it clear caliper and UCA though. tire size calculator.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
could you buy a big enough spacer for that wide a wheel?????? That would end up with some kind of lip with the right back spacing wouldn't it?..... But I suppose if it is only 10 inches wide....Would certainly fill the wheel well fur shur.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
I missed the rim specs. NBFJ is right, you should go with a narrower rim. 22X8 should be wide enough.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
I just looked up that wheel. It looks like it's for Nissan. Did you verify the centerbore? They only come at 10.6 for 22in. Cool looking wheels, but at ~$500/wheel, they are spendy.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
I lean toward "thrifty".........
"Spendy " tends to cause me to sleep on the couch more....IYKWIM......LOL

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Whoa!!!!! $500 for 1 wheel!!!!:jawdrop:

I can get a whole set of OEM steelies for that price, and still have some $$$ left over.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts