Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. Deciding on my first set of mods for my FJC. What I really want to know with this post is if there will be any rubbing at all with this setup. Just saying, I'm a newbie, so if this question has been asking a thousand times already, forgive me.

Lift: 3 inch toytec boss lift

Wheels: 17x8 Black Rock 908B YUMA matte wheels. Offset is 0.
Backspace is 4.5

Tires: 295/70/R17 Nitto Trail Grapplers

Another question I have is if I will need Light Racing UCAs and/or a body chop with this setup.

Again, I'm real sorry if this is a common question.

· Registered
562 Posts
Spend the extra money and get the LR UCA's and yes you will need to do a BMC.

· Registered
4,640 Posts
That tire is 33" plus in diameter, depending on the exact tire you may just clear the body mounts but the safe answer is CHOP CHOP, And you should do the UCA, again you may get away with stock but to close to say for sure and not worth the gamble on alignment day.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Help with these mods

Hey everyone. Deciding on my first set of mods for my FJC. What I really want to know with this post is if there will be any rubbing at all with this setup. Just saying, I'm a newbie, so if this question has been asked a thousand times already, forgive me.

Lift: 3 inch toytec boss lift

Wheels: 17x8 Black Rock 908B YUMA matte wheels. Offset is 0.
Backspace is 4.5

Tires: 295/70/R17 Nitto Trail Grapplers

Another question I have is if I will need Light Racing UCAs and/or a body chop with this setup.

Again, I'm real sorry if this is a common question.

· Premium Member
11,620 Posts

· Premium Member
11,620 Posts
So when I go to the Pep Boys guys, tell them to give me a BMC, along with a cut of the front stock mud flap? Then, once I get that done, install the UCAs.
G'day,
Not sure where you are located, but I didn't think Pep Boys did a BMC....
You are better off making contact with some local forum members - some of which might be able to help you do the BMC yourself or for you. We have a great network of members willing and able to help anyone with an FJ ..get it set up - some even have wrench days where you pool resources ...etc.....

Or find a good 4x4 shop to do the BMC.

Cheers
Baz
:blueblob:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.