Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in urgent need of some skids Wednesday night. Does anyone know if they'll be setup and selling that day?

·
Premium Member
2,793 Posts
I'm in urgent need of some skids Wednesday night. Does anyone know if they'll be setup and selling that day?
Some will, some won't, it is hard to tell when folks will be in and setup.

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jared. I'll just keep my fingers crossed. :)

·
Premium Member
4,718 Posts
Somebody hurry up and sell this girl a set of skids, she just got lucky on a transfer case fix (busted drain plug, not cracked case) and will happily buy a set because she's still saving money over replacing her transfer case :) sorry Jess

·
Premium Member
1,901 Posts
Holy crap, Jess you have to replace your transfer case? What happened?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Think her Transfer Case is fine...wasn't it the plug?

As for the skids, you actually probably won't need them for the trails at Summit. But that is just me being pissed as I sit in the airport in Pennsylvania waiting for my rental car instead of being AT Summit.

:flame::flame::flame::flame:

I do need some skids as this past weekend I bent two of my crappy, factory ones. Ricochet is what I am leaning towards.

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I could've used some skids on Poughkeepsie today (which is why I wanted to buy some Wednesday night). Unfortunately, no one was selling them except Digger, and I already have his.

The transfer case is fine after a drain plug replacement on Tuesday. :)

I think I'm good for the rest of the trip now since nothing here (besides Poughkeepsie) is all that bad.

Wish you guys were here - it's been a lot of fun so far!

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
@FJess

What skids did you end up with? I have skids on my TTSE but wonder of what quality, guess some armor is better than none.

You going back in '12? Will be my first trip out, former Jeeper and 4-Runner.

Cheers,

Brian

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Hi Brian. I ended up getting a set of BudBuilts (everything except the gas tank skid). I've been happy with them so far but they are HEAVY! :cheers:

Not sure about Summit 6 yet but will probably try to make it.

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
I spoke with Jon at All Pro and he plans on a full set up at the next Summit. Most likely installation assistance included. And he will be selling there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts