Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever put a winch or snow plow on an FJ? How did it work? Would you recommend it? Anyone ever put a snowplow on an FJ? Same questions.

·
Admin
7,899 Posts
Winch? I've seen it done once or twice. :lol:

Snow plow... I personally don't think any light vehicle should have those on them. Plowing snow is damn hard on a machine, any machine.

Reactions: asnobody

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I figured on plowing snow. We here in colorado got a few feet of that wet heavy snow. Plowing was a pain. Just wanted to see if someone has done it. Also, I have heard that putting a winch on an FJ can hirt the frame. Can anyone confirm or deny that?

·
Registered
772 Posts
I guess you could hurt the frame if your stuck in and just power the winch with out stopping but that is the same as snatch strapping someone too.

I have had to drag my FJ sideways with the winch, one of the worst case scenarios and still haven't had any issues. Winches mounted on FJs is common, less common but still done is a rear winch. Haven't seen the rear personally but there are a few around.

·
Premium Member
8,083 Posts
Lots of people have winches :lol:
My frame is fine, I have a 90 lb winch, 110 lb bumper, 88 lb sliders, 80 lb roof rack, and who knows how much my skids and extra gear weigh.

Putting a bumper and winch on your FJ will however require you to go aftermarket on the suspension up front or you will have noticeable sag.
Consider a US offroad winch mount if you don't want to go aftermarket with the front bumper. https://www.usoffroad.us/store/bumpers/winch-mounts/toyota-fj-winch-mount-bumper/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts