Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sweet... winters finally here so my wheeling fun is slowing down due to snow on the local trails. so., im starting to save for a winch and stock bumper mount to get by next summer... I am curious of a few things tho, I have looked at the Lucrum winch mount and really like its structure and build, but am curious if anyone has any details on it? i have looked through the forum... and the Lucrum website but i think my computer is acting up becuase it wouldnt load details or pics. Can i get that mount in black or only silver? also... my budget is going to be roughly $1000 -$1500... what are some GOOD cheaper winches and is the synthetic winch rope better than the generic steel cable? And, finally... should i get a stouter alternator for the winch? Thanks. in advance!

·
Premium Member
9,334 Posts
Re: Winch and Stock Bumper mount on a Budget.

Lowlinkin made his own winch mount for his stock bumper. Not sure he posted a thread, but you could PM him.

I have used my winch MANY times with stock alternator and stock battery. No failures.

Synthetic winch line is stronger, lighter and safer.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

sweet thanks for your input... ill pm him and see what he thinks... tho im not much of a metal fabricator. haha... but ill check it out...:bigthumb:

·
Registered
6,954 Posts

No need for a better alternator...as for a better battery that would be more of importance if your winching always. Just keep your engine running and if you have a decent battery you will have no problems.

Lucrum has a good product that is cost effective and you should be able to buy a winch for under $500. I saw a Recon waterproof/wireless remote 10.5K with synthetic line and 3yr warranty shipped to your door for $475 and thats with fairfield roller and snatch block!

Shop around...deals are all around.

·
fka BLACK HAWK
2,366 Posts

i'm waiting for my black aluminum to be built... so excited!

-Steel Mount: $599.99
The Lucrum Winch Mount is the lightest and strongest Steel option available (even lighter than some Aluminum bumpers) to be able to add a winch to the FJ Cruiser, improve protection and off-road ability, all while not effecting its safety systems. Available in different configurations, the winch mount starts out weighing as little as 49 pounds and goes up to about 60. The winch mount also works with all known OEM accessories including the skid plate, brush guard, and stock bumper mounted lights. Because of the winch mounts light weight and easy compatibility it will not change or effect the vehicle ride height or suspension as other heavier bumpers do, even with the suspension left completely stock. The winch mount also features a bulletproof modular design that actually allows its main front plate to be replaced should it become to damaged or unsightly from use. This allows the customer to be able to cheaply keep the bumper and mount always looking new without paying for a new mount or bumper even after many years. Also because of the modular design, several accessories are available and can be added or taken away at anytime such as a hi-lift jack mount, light bar, and custom order brush guards.

-Aluminum mount: $849.99 (50% Pre-Order Special still available)
The Aluminum Lucrum Winch Mount is the lightest and strongest bumper option available, even more than our steel winch mounts, to be able to add a winch, protection and off-road ability, while not effecting safety systems. Available in different configurations the same as the steel, the winch mount is the light weight winner at about 30 pounds. The Aluminum winch mount also works with all known OEM accessories including the skid plate, brush guard, and stock bumper mounted lights. It will not change or effect the vehicle ride height or suspension as other heavier bumpers do, even with the suspension left completely stock. The winch mount also features a bulletproof modular design that actually allows its main front plate to be replaced should it become to damaged or unsightly from use. This allows the customer to be able to cheaply keep the bumper and mount always looking new without paying for a new mount or bumper even after many years. Also because of the modular design, several accessories are available and can be added or taken away at anytime such as a hi-lift jack mount, light bar, and custom order brush guards. WILL NOT RUST!!

-both steel & aluminum now include the D-ring tabs
-black & silver powdercoating available for both
- light bar: $249.99
- rear swing out/ tire carrier v2.0 under development

(all info is copied and pasted from there website)

·
fka BLACK HAWK
2,366 Posts

some don't have as strong of a financial backing as others ;)

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

i'm waiting for my black aluminum to be built... so excited!

-Steel Mount: $599.99
The Lucrum Winch Mount is the lightest and strongest Steel option available (even lighter than some Aluminum bumpers) to be able to add a winch to the FJ Cruiser, improve protection and off-road ability, all while not effecting its safety systems. Available in different configurations, the winch mount starts out weighing as little as 49 pounds and goes up to about 60. The winch mount also works with all known OEM accessories including the skid plate, brush guard, and stock bumper mounted lights. Because of the winch mounts light weight and easy compatibility it will not change or effect the vehicle ride height or suspension as other heavier bumpers do, even with the suspension left completely stock. The winch mount also features a bulletproof modular design that actually allows its main front plate to be replaced should it become to damaged or unsightly from use. This allows the customer to be able to cheaply keep the bumper and mount always looking new without paying for a new mount or bumper even after many years. Also because of the modular design, several accessories are available and can be added or taken away at anytime such as a hi-lift jack mount, light bar, and custom order brush guards.

-Aluminum mount: $849.99 (50% Pre-Order Special still available)
The Aluminum Lucrum Winch Mount is the lightest and strongest bumper option available, even more than our steel winch mounts, to be able to add a winch, protection and off-road ability, while not effecting safety systems. Available in different configurations the same as the steel, the winch mount is the light weight winner at about 30 pounds. The Aluminum winch mount also works with all known OEM accessories including the skid plate, brush guard, and stock bumper mounted lights. It will not change or effect the vehicle ride height or suspension as other heavier bumpers do, even with the suspension left completely stock. The winch mount also features a bulletproof modular design that actually allows its main front plate to be replaced should it become to damaged or unsightly from use. This allows the customer to be able to cheaply keep the bumper and mount always looking new without paying for a new mount or bumper even after many years. Also because of the modular design, several accessories are available and can be added or taken away at anytime such as a hi-lift jack mount, light bar, and custom order brush guards. WILL NOT RUST!!

-both steel & aluminum now include the D-ring tabs
-black & silver powdercoating available for both
- light bar: $249.99
- rear swing out/ tire carrier v2.0 under development

(all info is copied and pasted from there website)

thank you for your help... for somereason my computer wouldnt load any of that and still wont... ill check again later... but i am leaning towards one of these. i had looked into an Expidition One winch bumper... but after some research i learned that a guy would need to beef up the suspension to compensate the weight difference which is going to run me around $3000 im sure for the bumper and works. and... since i dont do "extreme" wheeling... im not sure that i even need the bumper... would be more for looks and i like the looks of my stock bumper... tho i am going to black it out. But thanks for your help. :cheers:

·
fka BLACK HAWK
2,366 Posts

i'm a fan of the stock sleeper look... and not that hard core of a wheeler either..

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts

I want to retain the (original) look of the front so I went with the Lucrum winch mount too.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I want to retain the (original) look of the front so I went with the Lucrum winch mount too.

DUDE! NICE RIG!! im leaning towards the lucrum winch mount... just need to save up a little more money. what kind of winch do you have? and whered you get the TRD bumper guard? any special fab needed to get the bull guard to fit with the winch mount?

·
Premium Member
171 Posts

Is this true that the Lucrum winch mount and a 8K winch would NOT require suspension modifications?

If the answer is yes, then I am definitely ordering one. Does anyone know if they ever have holiday sales or any special discounts? I am really excited about learning about the Lucrum mount.

·
fka BLACK HAWK
2,366 Posts

from what i have gathered, they are a small independent company and for the most part build to order. the 50% swing out sale they had will probably never be scene again.

i was told by my fj dad to get at a minimum an 8k rated winch w/ a synthetic line to cut some weight. they say stock suspention will work fine. for sure hearing from someone who has their winch mount and has used it will for sure be more beneficial...

I've been looking into 10-12k rated winches and a dual battery set up

swing out V1.0 (discontinued) V2.0 currently in development

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)

hmmm... that swing out would be pretty awesome.. but does it work with the stock bumper too? haha. seriously tho... i wouldnt think the stock bumper would be stout enough to hold it up. .. maybe i should look into a rear bumper?

·
fka BLACK HAWK
2,366 Posts

hmmm... that swing out would be pretty awesome.. but does it work with the stock bumper too? haha. seriously tho... i wouldnt think the stock bumper would be stout enough to hold it up. .. maybe i should look into a rear bumper?
yes, it will work with the stock bumper and i'm 98% sure v2.0 will as well. this is how the swing out was described to me on how it mounts to the stock fj bumper,

" The swing out has its own brackets that take the weight and actually go around all of the bumpers so that all of its load is on the frame. The swing out has two brackets on each side that go under the bumper and provide all of its support."

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

very well then. thanks for you input

·
Premium Member
171 Posts

Sorry, I need to ask this again. Seems like everyone is moving on to other topics about the swing out.

Is this true that the Lucrum winch mount and a 8K winch would NOT require suspension modifications?

If the answer is yes, then I am definitely ordering one. Does anyone know if they ever have holiday sales or any special discounts? I am really excited about learning about the Lucrum mount.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Sorry, I need to ask this again. Seems like everyone is moving on to other topics about the swing out.

as far as the mount and the winch NOT requiring suspension mods... from the research i have done you are correct... the steel mount weighs up to 60 pounds plus the winch weight and the the aluminum (about $300 more) weighs areound 30 pounds plus the winch weight. so you wont have any issues. as far as the holiday sales and what not... your best bet is to keep watching the website.. im not sure how often (if at all) that they have sales...

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Wilson... i appreciate your enthusiasm on trying to sell demello front bumper... but as stated before in this thread... the wieght plays a significant role for our pockets, hence why some of us want the stock bumper mount. Now, im not sure, i am going to do a little more research on this bumper your advertising... now correct me if i am wrong but i imagine it weighs a couple 200 pounds or better... and from the research i have done this would require a beefing of the front suspension to compensate. I am on a budget... and dont think that i can afford the bumper plus the beefed suspension. not to mention the change in fuel mileage that i have heard you lose with the heavier bumper. the Lucrum mount seems legit and from those who have it they arent disappointed. thank you for your opinion. i am also curious what that bumper normally costs... the link you gave was for the group buy... by the time i get mine whether it be the bumper or the mount... this sale will most likely be over. THanks again.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts