Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Re: Winch and Stock Bumper mount on a Budget.

Thanks TitaniumTonka for bringing this mount up for discussion, I hadn't ever seen that winch mount before :cheers:

I also don't use my FJ for extreme rock crawling type of off roading so an improved approach angle isn't needed. I do want to add a winch for self recovery since I am often out without any other trucks around. Only thing is I'm gonna use this idea to add a front receiver, that way the winch can be mounted front or rear.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #42

Thanks TitaniumTonka for bringing this mount up for discussion, I hadn't ever seen that winch mount before :cheers:

I also don't use my FJ for extreme rock crawling type of off roading so an improved approach angle isn't needed. I do want to add a winch for self recovery since I am often out without any other trucks around. Only thing is I'm gonna use this idea to add a front receiver, that way the winch can be mounted front or rear.
Your welcome, if i remember right (i would need to look it up again) but the front mount also has an option for a concealed reciever... i may be giving you false info., i remember seeing something that comes with it, and i really think its this mount because i was interested in that option, but dont quote me on it... ill do a little more research as i get some time and let you know for sure! you can also check out the website if you havent already... :bigthumb:lucrum ind.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts

My Lucrum mount should be here Monday. I decided on a Superwinch EPi9.0S, which is a 9000 pound winch with synthetic line. Chris, at Lucrum recommended the steel line version as a best bang for your buck type deal on a good quality winch. I decided on the synthetic line version to save a few more pounds. Winch should be here next Tuesday.

Thanks for all who offered input on this thread. I wasn't the OP, but I took a lot of good info away from it just the same. :)

-Matt

·
Premium Member
171 Posts

The TRD on the modified brush guard (now a push guard) is just a sticker.
Instead of the D-ring tabs on the winch mount, I installed a set of PIAA 520 SMR lights.

The push guard is installed to the Lucrum winch mount using just simple L-brackets (at the middle and bottom).

BTW, I have the WARN 8000 winch.

How did you mount those lights on the lucrum? That is very cool. I was going to order the D-rings but really like what you did.

·
fka BLACK HAWK
2,366 Posts
i think the optional D-rings were bolted on, looks like he just mounted the lights through the same holes

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts

How did you mount those lights on the lucrum? That is very cool. I was going to order the D-rings but really like what you did.
I ordered the Lucrum winch mount without the D-rings option (welded).
I just drilled two holes and attached the L-brackets to mount the PIAA 520's.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts