Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lot of people have asked about a fitment chart for our winches. This will be ongoing, so please add to it and I will edit the chart as we go. Here is what I know so far.

1. TOY OUTFITTERS: All Viper Winches
2. EXPEDITION ONE: All Viper Winches
3. DeMELLO OFFROAD: Only Viper MAX winches
4. LUCRUM: All Viper winches

Thanks!

Peter
Motoalliance

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Here's a chart comparing dimensions of the Viper Elite 10K to a Warn that Tim from Motoalliance sent me- (Don't know what Warn but Viper dimensions are on bottom and considerably smaller)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,289 Posts

Like a glove! MetalTech bumper... If you added some washers to change the angle of the bumper there would be more clearance. Right now an ant would have to duck to crawl through the space between the bumper and the winch.

I might do a couple of things to increase the gap although this winch looks like it can take a beating.

Peter and Tim - thanks a lot!

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
will the viper elite fit in the ARB bumper?

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
THe Viper Max with the relocatable solenoid box should.

·
Registered
210 Posts
You can add Metal-Tech Bumpers to the list. I just installed a 12,000lb Viper Elite.

Chris didn't say which winch he installed but from his description I assume it was an elite series because mine just barely fits as well. It's so tight that I can't put the cover over the winch. But it does fit.:clap:

So, since the elite is the largest of the winches, I assume all the others will fit too.

·
Premium Member
6,607 Posts
to those that have the Elite and a MT bumper. Do you have any additional install tips for me. I will be marrying the two up in a few weeks.

·
Premium Member
6,607 Posts
I got the winch cover on my MetalTech bumper

I was able to get the winch cover on my Elite winch with my MetalTech bumper.

I put it on from the left and slid it across to the right (can go either way). I strecthed out the bungee to slip under the tube and pulled it over.

If you still cant get it on, you can snip off the piece of the bungee from one side of the cover. Then slide the cover on. The edge missing the snipped off bungee should now be able to fit between the winch and the bumper...

I just went through a car wash and it didnt budge.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'm guessing you need the max series for an allpro bumper?

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
In looking at the website, the dimensions for the 8k, 10k, and 12k ELITE are all the same. That being said, if you could stuff the 12k in why wouldn't you? I understand that some bumpers require the removable solenoid for fitment and that you should go with the MAX on those types. I will be ordering the 12k ELITE for my Warrior Products bumper. I will let you guys know how it fits when I get back from deployment.

-Cheers

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
You will need a remote solenoid type winch for the All pro unless you want to cut out part of the top. The Max series will fit the bill. I carry the Viper line and can help you with whatever your needs are.

Stan

1 - 12 of 12 Posts