Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum. Wanting to start a thread to see how this all works. I have a leveling (spacer) rough country kit on my FJ. in the future I want bigger tires. 285s or 295s. And maybe a front bumper with a winch. What kind of a winch bumpers do you guys have and most importantly what prices $$ did you guys pay for winch and bumper. Will it make my FJ sag? Do I need to buy an actual lift (springs and shocks)??
Thanks and if this post exists point me in the right direction.

Attachments

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
35,931 Posts
Reactions: joeboy

·
Premium Member
2,660 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input. I've seen the mount for the stock bumper and I like the price of it a lot better lol.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts

Attachments

Reactions: TheThorn

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
I looked at getting the US offroad winch mount as well, did a lot of research and the general consensus is that it is a well built product, especially for the money. If your only goal is to add a winch, then it will be a great solution. I ended up ordering a full bumper, despite the extra cost, for the improved approach angle and added protection of a full bumper. Just some things to consider. US offroad has a write up on their website that documents the amount of sag created when installing their set up on bilstein 5100s. If you want to keep the weight down, an aluminum bumper or a tube bumper would weigh less=less sag, an aluminum flat top bumper with winch will weigh about the same as the US offroad option with a winch. As an additional note, I have the toytec coilovers in the front at about 2.75" of lift and I have 285/70/17 Toyo open country AT2s with no BMC and no rub, but every FJ seems to be a bit different.

·
fka BLACK HAWK
2,605 Posts
Trailworx! One of the most affordable, customizable winch bumpers available in a multitude of options and configurations

·
Premium Member
250 Posts

·
fka BLACK HAWK
2,605 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I installed the US Offroad winch myself in my garage without any issues. I picked up a 13k rated winch with synthetic line, snatch block and wireless remote for about $500 new on ebay. I have used the winch several times including last month to pull my cousin's Jeep up off the side of a trail and this last weekend at SlickRock when we had to move a large boulder that had fallen into the middle of the trail. The winch and bumper have worked flawlessly each time. I had the entire mount powder coated black before installing and have touched up some minor rock chips since with undercarriage spray paint. If you want to keep the stock look, I would recommend it since I haven't experienced any downsides to it so far.

Attachments

·
Registered
788 Posts
There's tons of bumpers out there ranging from $600 on up. Figure out what styles you like and start searching Google images, instagram ect..
This is your truck and you should buy something you'll be happy with.
If you go with tube bumper make sure it's .120 wall tubing and if you go plate some of the better quality stuff will offer 1/4 winch plates and 3/16 shell. (heavier but obviously stronger) some of the lower end stuff will be 1/4 winch plate and 1/8 shell. Light but not very strong. Others also over internal gussets that reinforces the shell...
Good luck with your search.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts