Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

winch gear

8K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  John3M 
#1 ·
After installing my winch I have been brushing up on using it by watching several u tube videos maybe twenty or more. I have built my kit by adding two snatch blocks three shackles a tree saver and a damper bag and gloves . I am going to replace the hook on the winch soon with a Pro link . Ill add a receiver on the rear soon also. Any other suggestions?

Thanks

#9 · (Edited)
#6 ·
They are used just like regular metal ones, but in a lot of cases they are lighter, stronger, and safer.

Reactions: FatJohnson
#8 ·
Thanks appreciate the heads up. I have other things for self defense that work a little better depending on the situation, but big balls work too:)

Reactions: FatJohnson
#11 ·
i also carry two snatch blocks and two tree saver straps (ARB Straps) i find that with two if you are in a situation that you can not get a good angle of pull that the second strap sometimes will help with the second block. i also carry a Pull-pal land anchor. in the desert in Arizona not a lot of anchor points sometimes to attach to. also recommend synthetic winch line much safer than steel cable.

Pull-Pal winch anchor, foldable land anchors for 4x4, Jeep, ATV, UTV, off-road, all-terrain-vehicles

#13 ·
Just an update..today ill be installing a Factor 55 Flatlink grey. Ive figured ill get a bicycle lock on a steel cable and lock it down to the front steel bumper. I have two places for shackles... guy at the shop offered to stretch the cable at no charge which is great ill send some pics later. :smile

#15 ·
I gave that consideration, the thing is where I shop for groceries there are a lot of "parking lot police bitties " that will claim they hurt their leg on my winch. The link would stick out just enough to supposedly bump a leg.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.