Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I only have two minor complaints. When the window is down I get an incredible amount of cross wind that's a little annoying. And because of my arthritis I like to drive with my hand at the 6 o'clock position, but Toyota is fond of the 3 spoke steering wheel. I might try to align the wheels so that the steering wheel sits "off center". I hope it doesn't affect the traction control sensor. Other than that I love my FJ.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
The window Shades that bond to the door frame with 3M adhesive really cut down on the wind in the face, mine do not add much to the overall sound level, the trade off is Well worth it. Really nice fir driving in the rain with the window down a inch or so. Alignment should get the S wheel off center a little but if you ever sell correct it, other wise someone will think you have damage.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine had the flares on it when I bought it and it didn't seem to help much.

My buddy has an alignment machine so correcting it later won't be a problem.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Have you had other vehicles that weren't "windy" with the windows open?

·
Registered
171 Posts
With the window all the way open the wind really hits you on the left side of your head, unlike any other vehicle I have ever owned. When getting out of the car after a ride with the window all the way open, the left side of my head has my hair facing forward like Justin Beiber and all the boy teens wore their hair a few years ago. That combed forward look. And, that look doesn't really work when you are a male in your mid 40's. Now I always have a hat stored in the FJ.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts