Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2007's vinyl is starting to crack and peel. It is mostly presentable now, but will need to be addressed and I haven't been able to locate the replacement stickers on RockAuto.

Has anyone done this before? Did you just cut your own or is there a kit out there? Trying to avoid painting if possible.

·
Registered
2007 FJC 4x4.
9,768 Posts
FYI its body colored paint underneath them, so if you wish you could remove them and just have the paint. Best would be on a black truck due to the weather stripping cutting across creating a black line, but Ive seen other colors look nice still.

example:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FYI its body colored paint underneath them, so if you wish you could remove them and just have the paint. Best would be on a black truck due to the weather stripping cutting across creating a black line, but Ive seen other colors look nice still.

example:

Thanks, but I like the look of the black around the frames / windows better. Its just that the passenger rear door is starting to crack from sun exposure so I'm on borrowed time LOL

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'm lined up to tackle mine the next time I have a few warm, dry days in the forecast. Factory cut pieces are way to spendy and don't give you any room for error. I decided to get a couple rolls of Vivid vinyl in flat black as it's lightly perforated to help eliminate bubbles and help with bends/corners. I'm gonna hit a few interior trim pieces as well and if I get real brave, the mirrors. Already have the new window trim pieces waiting to go in as well, just to cold at the moment and I'm not looking forward to peeling the 12 year old vinyl off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts