Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
fka trailman
849 Posts
Well just got back from home depot and have all the stuff to do this little project this week end

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Thanks Capto._bucko and Dissident....... I hope to put the finishing touches on all three screens and figure out my cost on these before I attempt to sell any of these to the public. My daughter just bought a 4 door Jeep Wrangler and I might try making some screens for jeep doors as well.
Since I have gone over to the heep side, let me know if you make up some for the 4 door heep.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm gonna tackle this project in the next week or two and had a question about the back glass/hatch opening.

I've seen a few examples where people have put netting up for the back glass, but none where they made it for the entire back hatch opening. Is there a reason not to do the hatch opening, or is it just preference?

I'd like to use velcro to adhere a net covering the entire opening and use the open hatch door to help anchor and a ghetto awning. The netting is sized to cover the entire opening in one piece, but I plan to create a velcro seam in the middle just to have an extra optional opening.

·
Registered
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
17 Posts
Here is a preview of the rear window screen i have been working on and near completion. Basically the same concept as the front screens I have fabricated, but velcroed around the whole window. When using all three screens it provides excellent cross ventilation.

Window with velcro installed

Window with screen installed

Rear window screen

Rear window screen

·
Registered
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
17 Posts
Looks like a great fix for all the windows ....especially the rear window where the velcro allows you to access the interior rear door latch that I installed .... it appears you sewed the folded soft velcro to the screen and the tac velcro to the door. thanX so much for sharing, Jack

·
Premium Member
2013 Trail Teams #181/2500<>< <*((^(((><
151 Posts
When it comes to magnets there’s a type called neodymium, they are crazy strong. If you take two of them about the size of a quarter and you let them attached to each other you can’t get them apart. I use them for a variety of things. I added a locking gas cap but was trying to find a solution for the tether so I wouldn’t leave my gas cap at the gas station. I glued a Neodymium magnet (The size of a dime is plenty big) to the gas cap and when I take it off to fill my tank I just attach it to the inside door of the gas flap. you can buy them at Home Depot or Lowe’s.
you’ll be tempted to buy the larger magnets but the size of a small button would probably be perfect for you.

<>< <>< <>< <*((^(((><

·
Registered
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
17 Posts
When it comes to magnets there’s a type called neodymium, they are crazy strong. If you take two of them about the size of a quarter and you let them attached to each other you can’t get them apart. I use them for a variety of things. I added a locking gas cap but was trying to find a solution for the tether so I wouldn’t leave my gas cap at the gas station. I glued a Neodymium magnet (The size of a dime is plenty big) to the gas cap and when I take it off to fill my tank I just attach it to the inside door of the gas flap. you can buy them at Home Depot or Lowe’s.
you’ll be tempted to buy the larger magnets but the size of a small button would probably be perfect for you.

<>< <>< <>< <*((^(((><
ThanX I bought the magnets at HD and they work great with holding the bug screen on the drivers window.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts