Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Fj is missing window trim at the bottom of one of the windows, and on the other side it looks like it starting to come off.

Can I order this online and do it my self?

Any info is appreciated,
Thank you.

·
Registered
463 Posts
My Fj is missing window trim at the bottom of one of the windows, and on the other side it looks like it starting to come off.

Can I order this online and do it my self?

Any info is appreciated,
Thank you.
Toyota has the trim pieces. One of the supporting vendors can probably send them to you or you can go to a local dealer. They won't have them on the shelf so it will take a couple of days for them to arrive. Install is easy, no tools required. You just line them up at the bottom of the window and push down until they click in place. The one that is coming loose can be removed by pulling up. The plastic clips that hold it in place will break and some small bits will fall to the bottom of the door. Just ignore it and put the new one in place (it comes with new clips already on it).

·
Registered
886 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Had the same thing happen to mine. I was too chicken to pull them off cause I didn't know new ones clipped back in so easy. So I super glued them back on. Holding fine but looking old and faded. Let us know how the install goes on the new ones.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone know how much they are a piece at the dealer? Really need to get them, the other side fell off too.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Anyone know how much they are a piece at the dealer? Really need to get them, the other side fell off too.
List for the fronts is $20.86EA and the rears are $13.95EA.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Old thread... but man I need to order all four now due to weathered look, and one of my rears started flapping in the wind.

·
Premium Member
11,040 Posts
G'day.
Rubber restorer such as autoGlym will make em look like new.....
it won't fix the lifting one....
but it will give them a facelift
cheers
Baz

·
Registered
482 Posts
As a temporary (maybe permanent...) fix, I removed mine and sprayed with satin black and popped them back on.

No need to break the clips, just push down slightly and gently pry out the bottom and lift off. Takes just a few seconds. Once the paint is dry, just set them back on, push down while snapping the bottom back on.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had the same one pop off at the rear. I was at the dealer last week to finally fix the seatbelt recall and get my driveshaft replaced per the TAB that's out and told them about the trim too. They ordered me a new one and have it to me for free! It would have been $14 tho.

·
Registered
300 Posts
My front driver and passenger side had deteriorated pretty badly. There's a seller on ebay selling the fronts and rears for $70. I contacted my nearest toyota dealer and they quoted me 60 for just the fronts. Figured I might as well buy all 4 even though I don't need the rears...yet. Lol

Reactions: leemills

·
Registered
2 Posts
I replace the ones on two rear door, it was a snap, however I'm puzzelled on how to replace the front door outside weatherstrips. I have the new one and I see the two clips one at each end, however it looks like it has to hook on the whole length of the door ??

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Mine looked like that and I ordered the replacements from Sparks. Got here inside of a week and had them on in less than an hour.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I reinstalled my trim today. The rear ones went in just fine but the front windows gave me some trouble. Basically, the yellow clip, the rear clip on both front door trim doesn't seem to be clipping in all the way. It is on but not on tight or hugging the door like all others and this happens on both doors. Would anyone have a fix for this? I took a look in the door and there really isn't much for the yellow clip to grab onto. I'm definitely concerned about water getting in.

·
Registered
92 Posts
The trim’s not an extremely tight fit along the ends. It only seals tight along the rubber on the glass. The edges are only snug along the body with like a 1/16 inch gap. Hope that helps, if you feel yours is extremely far away from the body you could always include a picture.

Here’s an install video for others, as you’ve already installed yours. I personally like it as it points out a few important things. Use plastic trim tools, tape off the body, and remember the trim is specific to driver and passenger sides. Pink for driver, white for passenger.
Oh and it’s green, lol.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Haha .. that was the same video I watched to get this done. The key for the front windows was to slide... And not pull up!

Anyway, attached the some pictures of my concern. Nothing I tried would get the edge close to the window or even a little more snug. The yellow clip pops out without any issue but the brown clip in front is super in there.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Good tip on the sliding.

As for the trim it does look to be rolled out a little more than normal. I’m not sure if perhaps maybe the clips aren’t fully seated along the inner edge. Or if maybe something’s wrong with the trim or somethings under it not letting it fully seat. This is mine,

What I mean by not fully seated along the inner edge. Is when I installed the window trim on my rear doors, I had to slightly roll the inner edge in with a little extra pressure to get them to fully seat. At first the rubber seal looked to be fully seated against the glass, but in fact it wasn’t all the way down because the rubber was firm, being brand new. A slight rolling down inward motion is what locked mine fully into place.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts