Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading many threads about window deflectors and am undecided about buying a set. I am a recently new owner of the FJ and the only thing I truly dislike is that with the windows mostly open, there is a great deal of air entering the cab.

I really like driving with my window open on the back roads (leading of course :lol:) but the wind hitting the back post of the door and blasting into the cab is really a PITA!!

So...do you have deflectors and do they work to keep the air deflection down significantly?

Thanks

·
Registered
547 Posts
I got some of the Wade ones from a buddy and I love them!!! heck my mom rode with me the other day and when we got home she went online and bought some for her Highlander!!!

·
Registered
599 Posts
No extra noise issues with the wind deflectors?

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Welcome. They help a little, but mainly they're good for ventilation when it's raining, and leaving the windows cracked to lessen heat buildup when the rig is parked in the sun.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have the ones that go in channel. I do hear a little more noise then i did when driving. I keep my rear window open with my front two. With it that way the wind shoots right out the rear and does not bounce all over the cab. I like them.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I also have the AVS in channel wind deflectors. They are exactly as everyone has said. Great to crack the windows in the heat of the day, or when it is raining. They do a good job of keeping the wind from blasting you in the face while the windows are open. (main reason i got them). They do add some noticeable wind noise. More than i have noticed from the roof rack or mud tires on the road, but it is nothing that bad. I have also noticed that they do a decent job of keeping branches from whacking you in the face immediately when offroading as well. Where i typically wheel there are a lot of branches. Personally i think that they were one of the best things that i have gotten for my rig so far compared to the cost. Not a lot of money, but lots of advantages.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
I have weathertec in channel deflectors...makes huge difference with windows open....but now has some slight air noise with windows all the way up. I just turn up radio louder... :D

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
They seem to work well with keeping the wind noise down, and also helps with ventilation.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I've been looking for a set of them in every auto store around here & can't find any for the FJ. Auto zone guy said "uuuhhh.....well, uuuhhh.... I can spec. order them for you but It'll be $70.00,uuuhhh...." I said "uuuhhh...uuuhhh, No thank you" Are they on line some where? Ebay? I'm a smoker & in the rain it suck's. Ya, I know easy fix--Quit!

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Try Ziebart, it's where I got mine. I personally like the stick on kind, the in channel type f with your windows closing properly and can rattle at x's-at least they did with my 03 4runner.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.