Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Yeah thats a very popular topic on here. next time hit the search first... there is a lot of ideas for it, I believe a couple of people are in the process of attempting it. though there are also concerns that the rear window/door are a major part of the structural integrity/ support for the truck (anyone feel free to correct me if I didnt phrase that correctly). I hope that at some point it is a mod that can be added but only time will tell. personally Id really like to see a 4runner type roll down window on the rear door.

·
Registered
96 Posts
next time hit the search first....
A little eager this morning? The forum section is to list improvement requests for Toyota to focus on. Nothing wrong with bringing up a popular topic, matter of fact, that is probably the best reason to bring it up.

I too would like to see the rear door windows open. I will leave it to Toyota to assess how they need to structurally change the door (if at all) to make this an option.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I am honestly very sorry I didnt realize what section this post was in. My bad, Kayakman if you hit the 09 Summit Ill buy the beers. In hindsight knowing the section this is in then I totally agree!!! Toyota lets see some roll down or pop out back windows and a roll down rear window!! (mods feel free to delete my original post or chop out that first part...didnt mean to start the thread out w a weenie reply...)

·
Registered
325 Posts
I am honestly very sorry I didnt realize what section this post was in. My bad, Kayakman if you hit the 09 Summit Ill buy the beers. In hindsight knowing the section this is in then I totally agree!!! Toyota lets see some roll down or pop out back windows and a roll down rear window!! (mods feel free to delete my original post or chop out that first part...didnt mean to start the thread out w a weenie reply...)
Way to man up and apologize! Reps for that. :cheers:

I totally agree with the rear door windows being vented in some way.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I would love rear roll down windows and a back roll down window so all 5 windows can be down!

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Hmmm,
Yes I like the idea of opening windows on the suicide doors, but you have to consider the two options.
  1. latch style windows are cheaper, but easier to break into, and hard to open from the front seat
  2. rolldown windows are more secure, but more expensive overall for the vehicle

I think the back window should be addressed in a separate thread.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Well done.. Ron

·
Registered
28 Posts
My three pals in the avatar picture sure would like some extra air in the back!!!
Pop outs in the rear quarter windows AND a roll down back window would be ideal, or roll down windows in the rear side doors and pop outs in the quarters:thinkerg::thinkerg:.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'd like to know how I can drive around with the drivers window down and NOT get blasted with gale force winds on the side of my head. Seems that the position of the pass. window does not affect the wind blowing me away. In some four door cars, if you roll down the back wondow on the same side, it helps that type of issue.

back window: should be up while driving unless you want the exhaust inside your truck. Can you says CO poisoning?

~Drew:rocker:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts