Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, heres the problem..o have an 07 fj, 10,000 miles, and have now, for the second time, had water streaks found on the inside..i can see the trails, almost every 6" apart, from top to bottom...i carried it to the dealership, they said they replaced the seal, and it should have fixed it...now, its back there again..they say they have water tested it, and no problem, that they can find...has anyone had a problem in their windhshiels similar to this

·
Registered
456 Posts
I drove my FJ through on a few rainy days and everything was all good. Yesterday we had some light rain and I got two water streaks on the inside, I cleaned them off and looked for more but the rain stopped. Its supposed to rain again today so I will test it out today. Either way I think I will be going to the dealer this weekend.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Do you think it could be condensation on the inside of the windshield and not rain water getting in?
I can only speak for my windshield. The rest of the windshield was clear on the inside. The two streaks were just in one area of the windshield. I did not seem to be condensation.

·
Registered
14 Posts
it could be the roof rack leaking on to the head liner and flowing down to the windshield and down the glass:boohoo:

·
Registered
120 Posts
It's that exterior trim piece at the top of the windshield, there's probably a pinhole in the windshield seal.
I had the same thing happen to me when I first picked up my FJ.
Don't clean the streaks off so the window guy knows where the hole is. And if you happen to see the water come down, you can probably use the little black dots at the top of the windshield to tell the service manager exactly where the water comes in (ie. "Third dot from the driver's side, 1/2 an inch to the left").
It took a couple of service calls, but they eventually filled the hole.

·
Registered
456 Posts
It's that exterior trim piece at the top of the windshield, there's probably a pinhole in the windshield seal.
I had the same thing happen to me when I first picked up my FJ.
Don't clean the streaks off so the window guy knows where the hole is. And if you happen to see the water come down, you can probably use the little black dots at the top of the windshield to tell the service manager exactly where the water comes in (ie. "Third dot from the driver's side, 1/2 an inch to the left").
It took a couple of service calls, but they eventually filled the hole.
very good advice, thanks

·
Registered
456 Posts
I left the dry water streak to let them see where the leak was. They washed the car several times and watered it down a few times but they could not find a leak. I went to it up and I saw new water streaks on the inside. I showed the service coordinator and we took it through the wash again. Right in front of him the windshield started to leak. Im in the rental now and they are taking care of it. They will probably have to reseal the whole thing.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
living in a tropical environment it rains very hard sometimes here but havent noticed any leaks of any kind yet! keep my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
456 Posts
It does not rain much here but I made it through bouts of rain before the leak started. It was probably just a bad seal at the factory.

I miss my FJ but its nice getting better mileage with a 4cyl. Camary loaner.

·
Banned
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i had them "re-seal" my leak twice, and told them if this did not fix it, something about the "lemon law" would be brought up...needless to say, no more leaks so far, but oviously, im not the only one with this problem...good luck with the issue

·
Registered
456 Posts
Did they replace the windshield? They told me they cant just reseal it they have to replace the whole thing.

·
Registered
154 Posts
We shall see what happens. I have had a slight windshield leak running down right in front of my face inside ever since I bought the FJ. It was not bad so I did not worry too much about it. It is now getting much worse and goes in Friday. Of course it never rains here . :)

I am curious as to what they did for all of yours. Did they just reseal? Replace the windshield? Tell you that you were full of ****? :lol:

Wish me luck.

Update 11/21/08: After many hours they did indeed find a leaking windshield seal. Of course I have to make another appointment to get it fixed. My dealer has Elite Auto Glass do their glass work so we shall see if they replace the windshield or just the seal in a couple of weeks.

Marc

1 - 15 of 15 Posts