Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
This is my first post...I've been surprised to learn that there have been a few FJ owners who have also lost their windshield trim while driving down the highway. I've had this pleasure twice... I had the Toyota dealership replace the first one only to learn that the 2 metal clips are rusting out and need to be replaced ...an issue that they failed to mention before the replacement was installed and that moulding also blew off . I am looking at a $550. CAN, bill to replace these metal clips by a body shop first then dealer (including paint) & have the 2nd replacement installed.

Thank you to anyone who can help.

Angie
FJ Cruiser 2011

I

·
17,795 Posts
Can they get those parts? I'd like to know so I can add the info here.

Thanks

·
Registered
2010TT AT
1,561 Posts
Hi Angie, welcome!

The dealership failed to do the replacement correctly/fully and wants you to foot the bill?
Did a considerable amount of time pass before before the windshield trim came off the second time, or maybe I am misunderstanding what happened?
From your description, it sounds like time to have a discussion with the dealership over the difference in expectations of the work previously performed and paid for. 🤨
I get independents not having enough familiarity to do the job right, but dealership prices should get you FJ expertise.

·
Registered
119 Posts
When replacing that molding they also are supposed to use some silicone in a couple spots to prevent ejection at high speed the clips alone are not enough ,The factory does this and its listed in the instructions on the removal of the molding.I personally remove and install all the parts that are needed to install a new windsheild ,Most shops dont have the talent/knowledge or time to do it right and it saves headaches.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts