Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Thanks for the link, been looking for something with a good fit!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yes! perfect fit indeed! I use this almost everyday to keep the inside of my FJ cool when i'm at work! Worth the cost

·
Registered
958 Posts
The advantage of the one you have is that it is lightweight. This one is similar to the aftermarket ones offered for BMWs. It's rigid.

EDIT: That's weird how my upright image gets rotated 90 degrees by the forum software.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,138 Posts

:bigthumb: Worth every penny for parking outside all day in South Texas.

Not the same brand, but the dealership here sells those for all toyota models...
I bought mine from a local dealer while having my oil changed about 3yrs ago. It was the only one I had seen that fit our windshield up to that point. Before that I was considering buying a 'universal' one and cutting it up...

Has anyone tried the front window shades?

Sweet! I get a lot of sun at the front passenger corner where I park at work. Might have to look at getting the side window shields too.

Thanks for the links, guys! :cheers:

·
Registered
238 Posts
I bought Heatshield on Amazon this past March. It is starting to bubble up on the back side. Anyone else having this problem? Can't find warranty info.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Heatshield is the best low cost (about $40 on Amazon) solution and definitely a great fit. The light weight material makes it a cinch to install or remove, so much so that I am seriously considering the side window shades also available from Heatshield on Amazon. No problems with mine so far, but I am sure they have a good warranty, just check the Heatshield website.

Will not exactly make your inside temp feel like an Iceberg, but it surely helps keep things from turning to Magma...

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
Love mine! Love the sticker idea too!!

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Love mine as well... one of the first things I bought for it.
I keep one of those long-handled squeegee windshield thing-a-majibs up front to smooth out the passenger side of the shade so I don't have climb over the seat to install it.
And yes, it is a perfect fit; no need to put the visors down.

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Is that exactly the same one as in the OP? Couldn't tell based on the trdparts4u website description.
I don't think its the same one. Mine does not have the cutout for the rear view mirror that they are showing in the picture. It is a lot cheaper though and It might be just as good.
I'm sure someone on here has one they can comment on.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I don't think its the same one. Mine does not have the cutout for the rear view mirror that they are showing in the picture. It is a lot cheaper though and It might be just as good.
I'm sure someone on here has one they can comment on.
Cool thanks. I haven't asked for anything for Christmas for years and it drives my wife batty... now that I have the FJ addiction, I'm building out my list with some easy things she can pick up. Win win.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I bought a cheap one that rolls up, not the folding type. Folded the top and bottom 3 inches across (you have to measure to get size right) and had my wife sew top and bottom on her sewing machine all the way across and fit is perfect and cheap.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts