Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
I brought at dealer.
Happened to be in getting another item and was a sign on counter.
Don’t recall price but it was less than any other I had seen and they work well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
50 Posts
I find the cheapest ones i can get
Anco makes 14" and i see them on amazon for $4 just to give you a reference. I put 303 protectant on them. RainX the windshield and new wipers once a year in the winter. Works great for me. Im in CA so no real crazy weather. Love the rainX.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Don't get the Toyota brand ones. I got some and they suck. I don't mean the Sightline, I'll probably get those next. The dealer ones with part numbers are the ones I didn't like.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Buy the cheapest ones available at time of replacement every 3 years or so. Handles snow and rain like a champ.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
I also use the cheap Anco brand. I just use 3 14 inch blades. You don`t even notice the difference when using them :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Don't mean to high jack this thread but.....why don't replacement wipers last 3 years like the one that come on the vehicle when new?
All the new Toyotas I purchased the origional wipers lasted 3 years....lucky to get a year out of any replacement.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Don't mean to high jack this thread but.....why don't replacement wipers last 3 years like the one that come on the vehicle when new?
All the new Toyotas I purchased the origional wipers lasted 3 years....lucky to get a year out of any replacement.
I have never found this to be true with any wiper blade, OEM or 3rd party. But then again, in my neck of the woods, something is falling from the sky (rain, snow, etc) 320 days of the year. The best I can get with any wiper blade (bosch, toyota, michelin etc.etc) has been four months before they start streaking and/or screeching to the point I can no longer tolerate it.
I've resorted to buying cheap RainX "Expert" fit from Wally World and I replace them quarterly.

·
Premium Member
11,794 Posts
I bought 3 blades from Princess Auto (Canadian Harbour Freight) for $10, couldn't even tell you the brand.

Best performing blades to date.

I need to go back and purchase another set while they are still there. Might look at picking up another Scepter MFC as they are on sale.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
I buy cheapos too—usually RainX brand. They last about 12 months, 3-4 months of which is snowy mountain weather.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I bought these and they work great. EZ PZ

2 of these
&
1 of these
i just purchased these refills a few weeks ago.

i like keeping the look of the stock wiper blade housings. had the sightlines while back, but hated the whole plastic encased look. i was looking around at replacement rubber fills, but just decided on making it easy and just purchasing these as they are already pre-cut. other refills may work better, but for my use they've performed fine. im in california so going to wait til after the summer's over and right before the winter/rainy season before installing them. no need to have them drying out in the summer sun.

oh, also, i've read that you cannot replace the rubber inserts on the sightlines. (is this true?)

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
oh, also, i've read that you cannot replace the rubber inserts on the sightlines. (is this true?)
Yes that is true :smile I had purchased the Sightlines from my Toyota dealer, went back and asked for a set of refills. He told me that they're not available, not made. I traded the unused Sightlines for OEM blades and am using OEM refills now.

Wish I had saved the OEM blades I removed when I got some aftermarket replacements that were 'crap'. >:D Could have saved some $$..

Edit: not to say that aftermarket blades are 'crap'. Just the ones I bought were...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts