Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Is that the factory skid w/o the wings??

X3, up close pics PLEASE!!!:bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Cool!!:cool::rocker:

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
Looks great

·
Registered
639 Posts
That does look like it fits closer, and now you don't have the mud (or sand) scoops at the bottom. Sure would have been ultra cool of Toy to have added real skids to the TRD...
Nice.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
here are the close ups. one side is mounted to the small factory skid directly underneath and the other is mounted through the bumber to the center cross member. couple of extra holes due to it being a scrap piece I had but I like the way it turned out.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Looks great, I like how it's more flush to the factory skids!!!:rocker:

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
DIY at it's best. Looks good. It's definitely a step up from the bling plate.....Although I do like the look of the bling plate too.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
very nice! but do you really think those 5 1/6 bolts are gonna hold up to anything?
for right now its mainly for keeping sand and mud out of the engine and radiator, very few rocks to bang in eastern carolina, I am planning on building a whole new bumber and at that point will beef up the skid.

on a side note however in construction I've seen these very bolts holding 60 lb lights from Ibeams. they're pretty tough.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts