Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys okay, so I have a 2010 and today I went to clean my windshield from some debris so I pulled the wiper dealo and the steam of fluid shot almost strait at the wipers... Before It would almost cover the whole windshield... What's going on here? Anyone have any idea?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
856 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought of that too... No ice I live in soCal and dirt could be a possibility but I checked and cleaned them already..

Is there away to align them better?

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
If its a stream and not a spray, you have something blocking the spray nozzle, or it got damaged. If there isn't anything noticeable on the outside, it's possible debris made it up the tube and is causing the issue from within the spray head. I haven't had this happen, but I suppose its feasible.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess I did say stream but it is in fact a spray is just way lower than it was

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Silly question but is your hood latch popped? That would cause them to spray a little lower. Can't think of anything else. If they're seated in properly I don't think there is any way to adjust them.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
May seem like a dumb question but did you check your fluid level? Right before it runs out it will spray with considerably less power.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I have check all of these things it's been about. 2 weeks since I waxed it and it was working great after that... I checked the fluid level and topped it off... Could it be that my pump is going bad?

·
Banned
9,090 Posts
Did you ever stick something in the sprayer to "clean" it? Like perhaps a toothpick or paper clip or something? You should never stick something in the sprayer nozzle to try to clean it because you could accidentally reshape the plastic and permanently ruin the spray pattern. If something is stuck in the nozzle use something like a toothbrush to clean it out. As for what to do about it, go to the deal and buy a new one. Shouldn't be more that a few bucks

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The pump did sound a little odd.. I didn't stick anything down the nozzle, I do use a tooth brush for a lot of those tight places... My wife says I'm a little to OCD with it but hey I'm gonna do it I'm gonna do it right!
I took it to the dealer this morning I have a buddy that works there so he's gonna check it out for me, as well as I had a recall I didn't know about that they are going to take care of...
I'm going to hammers this weekend so I wanted to make sure everything was good

·
Banned
6,390 Posts
The pump did sound a little odd.. I didn't stick anything down the nozzle, I do use a tooth brush for a lot of those tight places... My wife says I'm a little to OCD with it but hey I'm gonna do it I'm gonna do it right!
I took it to the dealer this morning I have a buddy that works there so he's gonna check it out for me, as well as I had a recall I didn't know about that they are going to take care of...
I'm going to hammers this weekend so I wanted to make sure everything was good

good luck, let us know what it is when you know!:bigthumb:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I got a phone call and they said my tubing got twisted.. Much like a hose when it has a kink in it... I don't know how this happened, but they replaced all the tubing for me and said its working great now.. So if this happens to anyone else tracing your tubing back :]

Thanks for all of your input guys I appreciate it

·
Banned
6,390 Posts
I got a phone call and they said my tubing got twisted.. Much like a hose when it has a kink in it... I don't know how this happened, but they replaced all the tubing for me and said its working great now.. So if this happens to anyone else tracing your tubing back :]

Thanks for all of your input guys I appreciate it

it`s good to hear of an easy outcome! :cheers:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts