Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 FJ and for some reason Every time I lock or Unlock my doors with the Wireless Remote, My Headlights come On.... How can I stop this?

·
Registered
875 Posts
Silly question, but are the lights turned off or on at the switch? If press the lock button twice in a row, do they turn off?

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
If your lights are on (switch in steering column), and you press lock on your remote twice, it turns the lights off.

FJs don't have automatic lights, but I'm sure you knew that already. ;-)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have 3 position on my lights... Off --- Full Lights It doesn't matter what position the the switch is in... when I Unlock or Lock with the remote, The turn-signals Flash and the headlights come on Bright for about a minute and pressing the lock button on the remote does not shut them off...!

Took it to the dealer and they told me thats how they work and you can't change it....?

I've had the FJ snce New and it never did this until about a month ago....?????

·
Registered
334 Posts
Why did you let the dealer tell you that without arguing with them? Obviously if it just started, that is not how they work.

Have you tried changing the battery in the remote. Weird things can happend when a battery is near its end - could be a funky signal being generated by the remote.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts