Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to figure out what these power.... I know it isn't the sub, LSD, back up/reverse. I'm assuming one is aux lights and or ???? Hope someone knows

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
One is for roof-top lights and the other for driving lights above bumper. Can't remember which is which, though.

·
Premium Member
6,607 Posts
i cant recall. just find an FJ that has those features and see what is in that switch position.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One is for roof-top lights and the other for driving lights above bumper. Can't remember which is which, though.
Ok cool thanks, so is it pre wired up to bumper and roof or?

·
Premium Member
6,607 Posts
Factory switches in all slots should tell you what should be behind the blanks.

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
So, if the blank switch panels all have connectors for said "spot" (as shown above) does this mean there is wiring at the appropriate OTHER end for those components?

I mean I already know A-Trac is plugin and it works (did it to my 2007) but are the remainder the same?

Example, fog light spot, plug in the switch to the harness, locate the wires at the other end near the front bumper, and connect lights, and badda-bing they work?

This seems to fit the general tone of the thread so seemed a good place to ask the question... (and couldn't find it answered elsewhere).

Best,
Lee

·
Premium Member
6,607 Posts
when you pull a blank switch and there is a harness then it is ready to go.

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
when you pull a blank switch and there is a harness then it is ready to go.
Cool. I thought that had to be the case. Then the only trick is finding the other end. Thanks!

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So, if the blank switch panels all have connectors for said "spot" (as shown above) does this mean there is wiring at the appropriate OTHER end for those components?

I mean I already know A-Trac is plugin and it works (did it to my 2007) but are the remainder the same?

Example, fog light spot, plug in the switch to the harness, locate the wires at the other end near the front bumper, and connect lights, and badda-bing they work?

This seems to fit the general tone of the thread so seemed a good place to ask the question... (and couldn't find it answered elsewhere).

Best,
Lee
Good question, this was part of what I wanted to know. Sucks I pulled the blanks out and lined all the ones w harness on top row lol. I have LSD where your aux lights is located though (top left):rocker::rocker:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Though this is a really old thread it seems to fit what I want to ask best of any of them. I posted this elsewhere too, but since this seems to be a better area let me post it here too.

I saw this switch on Amazon. It comes with pigtails. But the FJ doesn't appear to have a switch location for it like it does for the A-Trac and these light and those lights and the other lights.... Or does it?

I would like to add this but if I have to tear my dashboard apart to do it I will keep using the one that plugs into the lighter.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts