Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting this week and next week I am starting to install a separate fuse block and wiring for my accessories and a Sierra LED dual amber/white light bar. I plan on running all lighting, CB, and air compressor through this blue sea 6 fuse block w/neg bus terminal. The fuse block will be connected to a 100 amp relay that will activate the accessories when the ignition is turned on. I have researched the existing threads so I hope I am not duplicating any previous posts. I have two questions:

First-Can I wire the the light directly to the fuse block? I will be using a 40 amp fuse blade which is the size that is currently on the light's wiring harness? Does the supply have to be attached to the battery? (I want to wire it to the fuse block to keep as few connections to the battery as possible). Some of the previous posts are contradictory on this point.

Second-This particular question involves the installation of the light bar. I plan on installing the light bar on my bumper. However the the oem light mounts are spaced to narrow and place to close to the grill to fit. What I want to do is drill new holes in the bumper and then sandwich the bumper between 2 3/8" steel flat bar and then bolt it up. Will this weaken the structural integrity of the bumper? Will this cause any other problems that I am not thinking about? Finally this is only temporary for about 6 months to year, at which time I plan to add a aftermarket bumper with a winch. Thank in advance for the advice

1 - 1 of 1 Posts