Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(First of all, I'm brand new to the forum so please forgive if this is in the wrong section or not following the rules) Hey there all, I'm looking to install a train horn (yes, childish I know, but the stock beeper doesn't cut it anymore after almost being run off the road multiple times) and I wanted to mount the air compressor and tank in the trunk area somewhere, and mount the horns themselves underneath the car in the vast space under the trunk. But I don't want to have to drill any holes through my trunk floor to wire it if possible. So does anyone know of a way to wire something from the trunk to the underbody? (behind a panel or something??) Also to wire something from the trunk to the battery? Is there a way to wire it under some panels or the floor so you can't see the wires? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
It's not hard to remove the trim in back. There are rubber seals around wires that pass thru. I've run wires for a trailer brake controller thru there as well as wiring for a rear camera on my 07.

A search for how to remove the trim should yield results with pics on how to do this.

And welcome!

·
Registered
54 Posts
In the driver side jack compartment there's a rubber grommet in the floor to the exterior that you can use for wiring. To route wires to the battery from the rear you can run it inside the plastic paneling along the floor on either side of the vehicle, along the kick plates and up into the dash where there is a grommet or two through the firewall.

Reactions: iwashmycar

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have a 2012 model I've wanted to do the same, there's also a rubber grommet to the outside on the passenger side (my model apparently doesn't have the 110 outlet) once you install be sure to post pics I'd very much like to get am idea how to go about it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts