Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I saw some kind of post like this before, but I just wanna make sure before I take out my audio.

I'm about to install the Kenwood DVD Nav UNIT, and I have few questions:
1. Is it true after I unplug the unit and the battery, the Compass will have to do some reset?

2. Will I still be able to use the Steering wheel audio control?

3. Which wire should I connect it to the Factory Sub? I heard it should connect it to the Power antenna wire.

Can someone give me some advise?

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
I think I saw some kind of post like this before, but I just wanna make sure before I take out my audio.

I'm about to install the Kenwood DVD Nav UNIT, and I have few questions:
1. Is it true after I unplug the unit and the battery, the Compass will have to do some reset?

2. Will I still be able to use the Steering wheel audio control?

3. Which wire should I connect it to the Factory Sub? I heard it should connect it to the Power antenna wire.

Can someone give me some advise?
I can help you with the first two questions.

1. Yes when ever you disconnect your car battery, Your compass will reset. The word "compass" will blink annoyingly on the cluster. The owners manual will tell you how to set it again.

2. I don't think that the Kenwood is a direct plug and play unit with the steering wheel controls. If its not then you will have to buy an adapter. Not sure if thats the one tho. Never worked with one.

3. Can't help you on the sub also. I never bought the factory one. In fact I don't have a sub in my truck:)

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
i dont know the schematics on the factory woofers wiring, but if it has a remote turn on lead buried in one of the harnesses, then you will want to connect that to the remote turn on from the deck, not the power antenna. the power antenna wire only has power when the am/fm mode is being used. so you lose power to that wire during the aux, cd, or ipod mode, which means the woofer would only function with am/fm

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts