Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I searched and couldn't find any info on this. I have a 2014 TTUE. I'm installing a Pioneer AVIC-W8500NEX. My last connection is the factory back-up cam. Do any of you guys know where I tap into the factory wire harness for this? I'm assuming there is a spot in the radio bay so I don't have to chase it all the way up to the mirror. Any ideas?

Thanks, Mike, Issaquah, WA

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I have the exact unit. I hot wired it under the headliner to the mirror. So when I put it in R, my FJ shows a backup in the mirror, and one on the pioneer screen.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the exact unit. I hot wired it under the headliner to the mirror. So when I put it in R, my FJ shows a backup in the mirror, and one on the pioneer screen.
Thanks. That's my last resort. I was just wondering if there was a place I could access those wires in the radio bay.

Thanks again, Mike

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Thanks. That's my last resort. I was just wondering if there was a place I could access those wires in the radio bay.

Thanks again, Mike
I am sure there is. I just wasn't smart enough to figure it out. Hope you get it sorted. You will love the NEX wifi. Its AMAZING

·
Registered
227 Posts

Thanks again, Mike
Back-up cam harness runs from the cam along the driver's side rocker panel and up to the mirror, so you won't find it in the radio bay. The two locations where it's typically accessed are at the mirror or under the driver's rocker panel trim piece. There are threads on it out there.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Back-up cam harness runs from the cam along the driver's side rocker panel and up to the mirror, so you won't find it in the radio bay. The two locations where it's typically accessed are at the mirror or under the driver's rocker panel trim piece. There are threads on it out there.
Do you recall the wire colors? I should be able to access them under the door sill then? Thanks again, Mike

·
Registered
227 Posts
Do you recall the wire colors? I should be able to access them under the door sill then? Thanks again, Mike
Sorry, I haven't actually done it myself. All my video inputs on the head unit are occupied by front facing cameras, so I just left the back-up cam on the mirror. But I remember reading posts about it, and yes, under the door sill is where some have accessed it.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Found it:
post #25 in that thread.
Edit: post #48 for '12+ FJs

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Found it:
post #25 in that thread.
Edit: post #48 for '12+ FJs
That's it!!!! Even though Photobucket blurred the pictures I think I can still get in there and make it work. RED/Gray=Video positive, White/Gray=Video ground.

Thanks again for all of the help everyone, Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts