Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a set of 4 Amber Raptor Style grille lights that specifically fit the FJ Grille. Will I be able to pigtail them together, but have been told they come with No directions.

Question being is how or what to wire them to? Wondering if I can pull out side marker lights and wire lights positive to side markers positive wire then just tack negative wire to frame? Or do I need to wire it directly to fuse box under hood?

Any and all comments appreciated.

Thanks

·
A-Team Moderator
8,969 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
When I installed my Raptor style LED lights in my hood scoop, I used the small trailer lights. I tied them all together, then grounded one wire and tied the other into my front marker light. I also changed my marker lights to LEDs to reduce the overall amp draw. Been working fine for the last few months.

·
Registered
234 Posts
When I installed my Raptor style LED lights in my hood scoop, I used the small trailer lights. I tied them all together, then grounded one wire and tied the other into my front marker light. I also changed my marker lights to LEDs to reduce the overall amp draw. Been working fine for the last few months.

View attachment 1120859
I like how those look in the scoop.
Nice job!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As a novice in the world of wiring up things in my FJ, I know nothing. Wanting to wire up 3, 3w Raptor Lights in my grill. I know as .uch as Pigtail it all. Bolt negative to frame. Now I'm confused. Want these to come o.n w my parking lights. Here's where I need help. Do I wire positive wires from lights to splice & wire w side marker lights or somehow figure out how to wire to fusebox??? Uneducated on wiring so make instructions as simple as possible. Thanks to All

·
Registered
123 Posts
Yes tie all the black wires or neg and bolt to frame. Then tie all the pos. wires together and run that to the positive wire of one of your marker lights, You can then tie you wire into it with one something like one of these.

or this

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you very much. I'll show that photo to folks at O'Reilly's to obtain some, unless you know a proper name for the parts.?

·
Registered
123 Posts
I think they are called wiretap, but not sure. I actually just got a couple of packs of them at Autozone last week. They will know what they are though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
IF you need a Automotive Services that have a Good Quality service here is
Bullant Engineering Toyota Landcruiser Conversion . Contact us 1300 031 044
that will help you .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts