Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we seem to have a number of FJ owners in The areas in and around Wisconsin, I am trying to figure out where everyone is in and around the state and surrounding states.
I was thinking it could be beneficial to know where everyone was located if we were thinking about a get together, wheeling outings or workdays.
I know many are weirded out by posting to much info on the forums but if you can muster it up I think it would be good info to know in the event we need assistance or just some advice.

First attempt at a collaborative google map so if it is screwed up let me know.

I put myself in first just to test.
Zoom in and mark as close as you are comfortable with in locations

Wisconsin Area FJO - Google Maps

:cheers:

·
Registered
242 Posts
I'm in Waukesha.

We should get a meet up going again if there is interest. We had a little meet last year with myself, blackcherrybomb and Greggry. Wings, beer and FJs!

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
I have been MIA lately due to work and a new house project I am into. I am in cudahy now, and down for a meet anytime I have off. -Greg
Dude, we're just about to leave on a road trip tomorrow back to my wife's home town for her HS reunion. We're not necessarily planning on going through the Milwaukee area on this trip, but if there's any chance we could meet up, I'd love to buy you a beer to thank you for all the help with my battery project. :cheers:

I was going to come in here and post up about our trip before, but then put it off....and now that I saw you post in here, I decided to go ahead and mention it.

Anyway, my wife grew up about 45 minutes north of 'the Holy Land'. Her folks still live there. We'll be traveling tomorrow and Friday (well, except that our home's central A/C just $h!t the bed and we might have to deal with that tomorrow first before we leave), and then we'll be staying there for the next week. So, if there are any FJs in the greater GB area, let me know. I always wave (even at FJs going the opposite direction across a wide median on the highway :lol: ), but it would be cool to meet up if at all possible.

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
On the map. Got a DUI (first one and never again) in Franklin, so on a occupation license with restricted hours. But I'm retired, so if it fits its good to go.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just picked up an 07' FJ, stock to start but am looking at a fab fours bumper because of all the deer. I live in Northern WI between Hurley and Minocqua on hwy 51.

Geo

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
New guy here. Out in Somerset.
Sweetness! You're so close to BLC (used to go there once in a while on weekends from the twin cities) and all kinds of river fun. :rocker:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
To Edit the map you must create a Google account (free) and then you can sign in on the map page and there will be an EDIT button that will allow you to add or edit locations.
I was sort of looking to see if we could get a geographic location so we could try and find a centralish location for a M & G or mod sessions.
Seems like we have people spread all over the state and seeing how it can take 5 or 6 hours to drive from top to bottom that is going to effect getting people to meet up.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
I just don't think there are that many active forum members from WI. Its a shame.
I was seeing about 8 or so other FJ's here in EC, now I only see one here or there, and they are all guys/gals in their 60's :lol:

There is a younger guy with a voodoo blue I have been trying to catch but I always see him on the hwy or at a busy intersection.

Wheeling does suck here, logging road...Oh joy! I am planning on heading to the Summit next year, maybe we can get a group from here going..

What would you all think about a meet and greet somewhere in the middle? maybe Point??

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm from Madison. Thinking about heading to the Summit next year and it would be great to roll out there with some others from Wisconsin. I'll have to see about the finances and timing of that trip though because I have a definite trip scheduled to Moab in May of next year.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
I'm from Madison. Thinking about heading to the Summit next year and it would be great to roll out there with some others from Wisconsin. I'll have to see about the finances and timing of that trip though because I have a definite trip scheduled to Moab in May of next year.

I know there is a few of us in the western side and eastern MN planning a run to the Summit in '14.. Maybe meet up in Albert lea or somewhere in southern MN would work ..

·
Registered
33 Posts
East Dubuque, Il here. N00b to 4-wheelin and off road. Just picked up FJ about 3 weeks ago and it's as stock as stock can get.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I went to this Summit this year and did Moab the couple days before. I preferred the wheeling in Moab to the wheeling at the Summit. Looking back, I would probably do Cruise Moab before going back to the Summit. Don't get me wrong, the Summit was an awesome event and every owner should go once. I just preferred Moab.

1 - 20 of 147 Posts