Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
To Edit the map you must create a Google account (free) and then you can sign in on the map page and there will be an EDIT button that will allow you to add or edit locations.
I was sort of looking to see if we could get a geographic location so we could try and find a centralish location for a M & G or mod sessions.
Seems like we have people spread all over the state and seeing how it can take 5 or 6 hours to drive from top to bottom that is going to effect getting people to meet up.
Dumb question, but what is an M & G?

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Dubuque, IA here :wave:

Will be going to the Summit next year - sub'd to this thread for updates and convoy info.

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
CurbCrawler, Cedarburg:

Hopefully I'll get to meet a few of you folks on the March of Dimes Off Road Rally this October?

·
Registered
166 Posts
I am in Burnett WI, about 45 minutes north of Madison. Couldn't get the map to work for me. My work travel schedule is brutal, but would definitely try to make a M&G and hang with some fellow FJ Cheeseheads! There are two other FJ's by me....both in the Horicon area. We wave when we pass but no clue who they are. I think there are quite a few FJ's in WI......

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Lucky Logan,
I did the summit last year and I am not sure I could have talked myself into getting back in my FJ for another 19 hours out and back just a month or two later. Nice drive but crossing the middlelands is a definite snoozer!
I wanted to do Moab while we were out there but I only have OEM skids and was afraid to attempt MOAB without better underwear!
Hopefully after paying off the gas and hotel from the summit I can gear up before next year.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Lucky Logan,
I did the summit last year and I am not sure I could have talked myself into getting back in my FJ for another 19 hours out and back just a month or two later. Nice drive but crossing the middlelands is a definite snoozer!
I wanted to do Moab while we were out there but I only have OEM skids and was afraid to attempt MOAB without better underwear!
Hopefully after paying off the gas and hotel from the summit I can gear up before next year.
The first time I went to Moab my FJ was totally stock. Still plenty of trails to do out there with a stock FJ. I have made some upgrades over the last year so I am looking forward to trying some of the more adventurous trails this time around.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Curbcrawler, you're just down the road. I'm in Grafton, WI. Just picked up an 07 6MT.Where do you guys take yours off the pavement around here?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Lucky Logan,
I went to Moab before the Summit this year, stock belly. Was a blast. Would love to do Moab again but that drive, ugh. I would like to do the Summit as well but that trip isn't cheap. Although, I think I would rather do Cruise Moab or the Thrill on the Hill instead.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just thought i'd mention that our club will be hosting the, like, 357th annual Open House event at the Iron Range Off-Highway Vehicle Recreation Area near Gilbert MN on Saturday May 17th 2014.

Pretty much same layout as last year. Free lunch for participants, guided trail runs, friendly people. Come on out and wheel, we had 2 or 3 FJ's show up last year.

Check out our terribly out-dated website here for more info: North Shore Wheelers

We're working on getting the info updated for 2014 but the gist is the same, only the date has changed. Feel free to PM me or ask any questions here and i'll try to check in a few times a month.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I live on the border of Tosa and Milwaukee. :bigthumb: Used to have a GMC Sierra.. traded a few months ago... can't wait to get out on the trails... to bad I live so close to the city....

21 - 40 of 147 Posts