Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

My 2014 FJ is equipped with the JBL system, which I'd like to keep. I was thinking of changing out the front dash speakers and front door speakers. I'm just looking for a better sounding system (not something too loud). Do you think it's worth it?

Crutchfield has a ton of 4 ohm speakers, but I get the following message "Replacing the low-impedance factory speaker with a 4-ohm aftermarket speaker will result in lower volume levels."

Would you advise looking at something that's 3-ohm or 2-ohm?

I'm new to systems so any help is greatly appreciated! :smile

Thanks

·
Registered
266 Posts
It is physically impossible to produce a Poorer quality speaker than what Toyota put in the FJ. Paper and plastic with a driver magnet the size of a dime. Pull them out an throw them in the trash. The company "Focal" produces some of the best speakers in the world for both home and automotive. They produced a set of speakers designed to replace the FJ stock speakers and run off the stock head unit. This replacement set is certainly not their top-of-the-line product but will be a huge improvement over your current setup. I believe Crutchfield may carry them.

Another source for a simple plug-n-play sound upgrade is "Tacotunes".

Even the highest quality speakers will not reach their full sound potential if not properly installed. Add sound deadening material in your doors and a set of foam Fast Rings during installation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts