Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
I'm glad you like it! Not for me, but cool nonetheless.

·
Registered
365 Posts
looking at the pics again... why didn't you do the "blue areas" instead of the others? I think it seems like a lot going on... the blue brings the candy-stand, the wood brings sophistication, whereas the black brings modern function...

·
Registered
630 Posts
No. Just.........no. This is not a Jaguar, Bentley, or Rolls Royce. The FJ is the most ANTI-wood dash vehicle on the planet. This is only my opinion though.......so......rock on.

·
Banned
321 Posts
I added some accents to the dash, Leather Wrapped shift knob is also on the way :)
dude it looks like $hit, no seriously, blue fj interior and wood trim....

no all you gotta do is buy that hummer hood thingy from ebay

edit:

this wood trim wouldnt look any better in silver, black, or any other color for that matter...
absolute ebay sh.t, just my .02 cents

·
Registered
565 Posts
I like the idea. Wood is just the wrong color. shoulda done a gray stain color. Not knockin ya, just doesn't really blend well to me. The carbon fiber woulda been really cool...

edit: b.t.w. I see you are new. welcome to the forum.. Most of the folks on here are toyota fans. purists , if you will. A very 4x4 related forum, and understandably so. The FJ is a vehicle engineered to be used and abused on and off the road, not really built as a "luxury" vehicle in most owners minds. Don't let our opinions discourage your modding. I caught so much on here for being a car audio nut and all of my mods are stereo and sound quality related, and I am a 2wd owner. Wood grain and "bling" are not popular mods around here...lift kits, winch bumpers, big tires and home made custom stuff ( alot of really cool craftsmanship around here by some very talented owners ) seem to be what every one jumps up and down for though. :)

·
Registered
864 Posts
Weclome to the forum!

As a few other hinted at, with the VB and the wood grain it looks a bit busy (for me). I think that if everything on the inside that is VB was infact the same wood grain, the interior would be much more fluid.

Nice start hope to see more from you.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
You must think the "J" in FJ stands for Jaguar. :lol:

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Yes....I totally agree.....the only wood the FJ should be associated with is driving over a downed tree or something......
Really? I "get wood" when I drive the FJ.:rocker:

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Ouch!...Welcome to the forum anyway. Don't let other's opinions get to you. They aren't the ones driving it. But you'll soon learn this is a very anti-bling community. But hey, the more people get spun up about a mod the more I laugh so keep it up!:lol:

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Never could understand these stick-on mods. It just doesn't look right. Looks odd and out-of-place. And does nothing for road or trail worthiness.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was always taught that if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say it. I think the world would be a better place. Too many people get fired up and go crazy now-a-days.

I hate tacky and bling, I try to be real careful on doing any accessories. I have a show car that I've got many trophies at car shows including people's choice and a bike that got best custom. I'm not into plastic chrome or neon. It looks good in person. Before I stuck it on I test fitted it to make sure it looked good. I am real picky, I don't plan on going off road. I can't see spending $26,000 for a ride and getting it dirty. That's what me Deuce and a half is for. I have to get dressed up in a tux and carpool with 4 or 5 buds a few nights a week going to lodge. I love the FJ and use it as a daily driver.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Look... when a member posts these types of threads, the unstated intent is "Hey, look at this.. what do you think?" With that, comes the potential for negative comments. If the thread was about something unrelated and someone said "dude, by the way the woodgrain looks like crap..." That would be a *#$& move.

All that said, the negative opinions can/should be done without being a tool - more of the "Not my style - but keep up the mods" type comments.

In short, gotta disagree with the "if you don't have something nice to say..." thing. When the post is "Hey look at what I did"... it's just part of the process.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Sorry Not for me....FJ blue with wood?..keep the mods going...it's your taste enjoy your ride DOOOOOD!

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Look... when a member posts these types of threads, the unstated intent is "Hey, look at this.. what do you think?" With that, comes the potential for negative comments. If the thread was about something unrelated and someone said "dude, by the way the woodgrain looks like crap..." That would be a *#$& move.

All that said, the negative opinions can/should be done without being a tool - more of the "Not my style - but keep up the mods" type comments.

In short, gotta disagree with the "if you don't have something nice to say..." thing. When the post is "Hey look at what I did"... it's just part of the process.
Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts