Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The stereo that comes in the 2103 TT is horrible.My 85 thunderbird had a louder stock stereo system.For $35000 the stereo should be a lot better.
Other than the stereo that truck is great.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats my plan.Just had to vent.

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
Well, one of the first cars that I ever bought was a 4-door beat-up 1969 Chevelle with an AM Delco Radio and Single Speaker. :lol:

Not sure if I'd go as far as "worst ever" but yeah could be better.
Plenty of Stereo Upgrade Threads here though.

:cheers:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Depends on what you are used to, lots of folks on the site think the stereo rocks.

I think the system in my 2012 is one of the worst around, even my Jeeps had better systems and I have the upgraded system.

You do get the free door rattler with the upgraded FJ stereo where the door panel acts as a sub and rattles. Even after getting the panel replaced then rattle is back.

Lot's of bugs is a vehicle that has changed little since it was introduced. At least we can't blame the American workers for this vehicle.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The stock stereo in my 07 blows. The front speakers are OK, the rears sound like an AM radio in tin can.

I agree that there are other refinements that could have been made, especially in the newer versions such as a bigger rear window, real rear doors, etc...

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have a 2013 and I can totally relate. The speakers in the headliner and worthless. Will look to upgrade soon.

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts
Well, one of the first cars that I ever bought was a 4-door beat-up 1969 Chevelle with an AM Delco Radio and Single Speaker. :lol:

Not sure if I'd go as far as "worst ever" but yeah could be better.
Plenty of Stereo Upgrade Threads here though.

Try listening in a 72 VW Bug!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

^^^^ :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I agree with its all reletive. My 2007 Dodge Ram pick-up was $44000 and the front speakers were blown from the factory :lol:

Even after replacement they still sucked.

I have considered replacing mine but would rather listen to my heims and tires hummin down the road :D

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,613 Posts
I don't use it very often, I prefer to listen to the whir and hum of the mechanicals. It's amazing how in tune you get with them, once something goes wrong you know it instantly.

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts
I don't use it very often, I prefer to listen to the whir and hum of the mechanicals. It's amazing how in tune you get with them, once something goes wrong you know it instantly.
Exactly :bigthumb:

Thats how I heard the rear tire when the beadlock started to give way. The "wha-wha-wha-wha" sound changed pitch :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,564 Posts
No, no, no. The title should be: Worst stereo EVAR!!

I didn't buy it for the stereo, I bought it because I knew it'd make my wife think I took a dive off the deep end. Turns out she loves the ugly damned thing.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Mine is an 07, but felt the same way.....doing this will make you feel a little better!! LOL!! Cheers!
Where did you get the enclosure? Nice!

·
Registered
11 Posts
That's odd. Since I'm in the process of finding a new vehicle, I've listened to a lot of premium sound systems in the vehicles. I won't even bother listening to the stock sound. Can't really call them stereos. Most are surround sound. The majority of premium sound systems in vehicles sound bad. I'm not a fan of Bose, but Bose in cars tend to sound good.

Then I test drove my first FJ. The salesman said it didn't have the premium sound installed. During the drive I instructed the salesman to turn it on so I could hear what the stock sound in it sounded like. It sounded better than the premium ones I've heard in most of the others. It's possible it could have been the premium, but I doubt it, since it didn't come with the Upgrade Package that includes the premium sound. The original maker of this thread didn't mention quality, just volume level. Sounded loud enough to me.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts