Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
This is best stereo ive had in a truck or suv. Both nissans I had I drowned all the speakers. Same with my s10. I like water crossings.
Anybody test the waterproofness of these speakers? Only time until I test em.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I am in heavy construction so my hearing isn't what it once was.I guess thats why my wife keeps asking me to turn down the sound when I am watching tv.

·
Registered
98 Posts
That's odd. Since I'm in the process of finding a new vehicle, I've listened to a lot of premium sound systems in the vehicles. I won't even bother listening to the stock sound. Can't really call them stereos. Most are surround sound. The majority of premium sound systems in vehicles sound bad. I'm not a fan of Bose, but Bose in cars tend to sound good.

Then I test drove my first FJ. The salesman said it didn't have the premium sound installed. During the drive I instructed the salesman to turn it on so I could hear what the stock sound in it sounded like. It sounded better than the premium ones I've heard in most of the others. It's possible it could have been the premium, but I doubt it, since it didn't come with the Upgrade Package that includes the premium sound. The original maker of this thread didn't mention quality, just volume level. Sounded loud enough to me.
The sound quality is actually quite good for a stock sound system in my opinion. With the windows down, driving at highway speed there have been a number of times that I would have liked a little more volume. I've also wondered if the sub would make a difference in the overall volume.

·
Premium Member
1,414 Posts
I am in heavy construction so my hearing isn't what it once was.I guess thats why my wife keeps asking me to turn down the sound when I am watching tv.
My TT's came with the same problem, but I love the truck.
The good news is she doesn't ride with me much, so I let it rip, loud and proud!!....gm

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
The stereo and all the speakers stink. Had to upgrade everything. Rockford Fosgate rules!!!

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
the JBL speakers are not bad, whats bad is the door inserts rattle. drives me nuts.

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
I wouldn't say the sound is terrible but when you change out the stock speakers (which I just did on our 2nd FJ) you will be surprised with how much better the sound is. I also swapped out the FJammers for Pioneer stereos in both and that's a huge improvement in level and quality. The factory speakers have paper cones (yes it is paper) which is typical for stock speakers and the magnets that drive them are about the diameter of a quarter. I don't think they even weigh a pound.

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Question, How does the optional stereo that comes in the '13 compare with the 9 speaker with sub that's in my '07? I like my setup.

·
Registered
216 Posts
the JBL speakers are not bad, whats bad is the door inserts rattle. drives me nuts.
Your telling me, I have the same problem it kills me . But the jbl set- up is perfect having had high end stereos I feel the sound is perfect . No need to blow my ear drums like in the early days .

Sent from my ADR6300 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
605 Posts
Yea i'ts pretty sad for such an expensive vehicle, I replaced my unit with a cheapish clairion(200$) and replaced the door and dash speakers with some pioneers and it made a HUGE difference.

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
I'm not familiar with the JBL set up but if you are having problems with rattle I would look into putting dynamat or rattle trap or a similar product to absorb the vibration that is causing the problem.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts