Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Didn't do much of a lift on mine. Added the Daystar lift/level kit so that 33x11.5 tires would fit and I love it. No rub and the ride stayed the same. Wouldn't change anything on mine.

·
Premium Member
2007 Black FJC
2,204 Posts
Absolutely. Obviously it's a major cost issue, but I'd go straight to the TC 2" long travel "next time:" Handles great on the road, and is unbelievably better on fast dirt trails.

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
Yes...from a spacer lift, to OME, then big 6" then put the OME heavies on that...It's been fun.

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
In a heart beat. The only thing I would have changed is going to coil overs right off the bat instead of messing around with a spacer lift.:cheers:

·
Registered
428 Posts
Absolutely! Like mir207, I would go directly with the TC 2" long travel kit.

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
I wouldnt buy an FJ again, but whatever new truck I buy will be lifted ASAP.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
I went through a number of phases with my lift because each time I had a bit more $$$ I would upgrade. If I had it to do all over again, AGAIN, I would bide my time and save up for a first rate system that I would not feel the need to upgrade.

As it stands now I have a suspension system where, literally, no two parts are of the same make. Seriously, not one matching manufacturer in the whole lot. (See my 'Garage'). This may not be the "best' setup, though it works quite nicely thanyou. And it sure wasn't the cheapest way either.

·
Premium Member
2,736 Posts
I would do it again. I installed a "lift" not for the "lift", but to eliminate excessive nose diving, acceleration squat, and body roll. The lift I installed took care of these stock suspension issues. The extra height just came along with the "fix".

·
Registered
315 Posts
Yep. But would have installed the ICONs first and not the OME HDs!

·
Registered
790 Posts
Yes I would do it again. I have had only 1 lift on my fj (ICONS) and I don't think I'll change the lift. I did it right the first time according to me. Oh yeah if you do decide to lift look into aftermarket UCAs.

·
Registered
220 Posts
i had spacers, then i added a bumper and winch. sag happened. then i went to toytec. but if i had the money for tires and the FABTEC Stage II system. thats where i would go.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Owning a lifted truck before I am not interested in lifting another vehicle. Maybe if I was rich or had money to burn

·
Registered
470 Posts
yes, but i probably would of gotten extended travel.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts