Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just picked up a brand new set of SE TRD wheels and will be replacing my All-Terrain package 16's with them later this week. My current wheels are in perfect condition, no scratches or scuffs anywhere. Obviously the new wheels are the same. So would you guys trust your Toyota dealer to swap the wheels without jacking something up? If not, where do you trust?

I live in Boise, ID so there are many options.. I'm just not sure which is the best one. I'll obviously have to have the TPMS sensors moved as well and I'm not sure if that's something that is best to have done by my dealer.

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
9,345 Posts
Take it to the dealer. We took the wife's FJ to Goodyear when we added M/T's to her TT. They broke 3 of the sensors and only admitted to one. Very long story short they finally paid the dealership over $300 to replace the broken sensors and for reprogramming.

If the dealer breaks them they will replace and reprogram at their cost and you get it all done in one day at one location.

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
Go to the dealer! My friend does wheels and tires at his shop, and hates those tires sensors!

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
I agree with the above opinions. Take it to the dealer. The shop I used when I changed out my tires also broke one of the TPMS. They told me about it and replaced it on their nickle. One of the many reasons I will continue to use this shop. But Boise to Grand Junction is not an easy haul.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts