Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the thread listing of participants included their location???? In addition to their current name and topic heading. This would be especially useful in the WTB or WTS sections, where location is SO important. I know some don't list their location, but some basic encouragement/rules could fix this. City, state. and zip code would suffice. We're all not that paranoid, right? How many times do you see the "Where are you located?" reply as the first response?

·
Registered
604 Posts
Most of us fake our location to keep people from trying to steal our shizzle.

Some of us give directions to let our friends know where we are.

A few post the bottom of a valley to trick tweakers into showing up for free stuff.

But it would be nice if it were the 1950s.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I get a kick out the paranoia. I think it's hilarious when people blur out their license plate #'s in photos... how many people driving behind you in a day can read those same #'s?? Thousands!! I don't think posting the city and state (province) you live in is going to attract any attention, it would be like looking for a needle in a haystack. The people worried about getting their stereos stolen are probably the same ones who drive around with their windows down and the tunes CRANKED trying to look cool, now everyone around knows what you've got and can follow you home.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I think location should be a need to know thing. I think most paranoia is unnecessary, but a healthy respect for the fact that there are freaks and creeps and thieves of all sorts out there wouldn't hurt anything. Plus, you can PM information to someone without sharing it with the whole world. As my dear mother would say, "use your better judgement." :lol:

·
Registered
588 Posts
I live in new Orleans. That's as much information that I will give out on a public forum. Nobody needs to know my zip code, it would be REAL EASY to find me as there aren't a lot of FJ's in my area...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts