Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well last night with 14,400 miles on her I got tboned pulling into my moms driveway. Got the bumper of a fullsize chevy in the drivers door. Now the fun battle with insurance and doctors.

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Well last night with 14,400 miles on her I got tboned pulling into my moms driveway. Got the bumper of a fullsize chevy in the drivers door. Now the fun battle with insurance and doctors.
OUCH!! Hang in there, glad you're still able to feed your new found Forum additiction.

·
Kajun Kim
5,488 Posts
So sorry to hear about your mishap. I have to admit, I worry about wrecking mine ALL the time. I am bumping into the 30k range and CG will turn two on August 10th. I worry about losing him to either a wreck or someone deciding that they want him more than me.

All that said.... I can replace him although I don't want to. I cannot replace me. My son is 21 and in his senior year of college. I want and need to be around to dance at his wedding and my husband and I hold his children.

It would tear me up to lose the Cherry Garcia, but you know, I have alot more to do on my list. Thank goodness, you are OK and you know... insurance is a great thing and then... if you get another FJ, you can learn from your experiences and make the new one even better.

Sorry to be a room mom on this one... but... hey, that is why I am here.

I am so glad you are a new member here and I hope you get lots of great info and a few laughs along the way.

·
Registered
447 Posts
You just need a bigger piece of iron welded to the front of the FJ then no one will take a chance on getting hit!

All kidding aside, hope that you are OK Magoo.

- Solo

·
Registered
163 Posts
sorry to hear about your accident. Hope you are good. I had mine less than two weeks and it was hit, but not as bad as yours. I was parked way out in the middle of a large parking lot where no other cars were around to prevent dings and dents. Some kid forgot to pull the e-brake on his new subaru when he parked it up front. While he was shopping, his car rolled across the parking lot and managed to hit mine, even though I was the only car in a wide open space. Go figure. Again, mine is still driveable, so no where near as bad a situation as you. Again, good luck.

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
Sorry to hear. Hope everything goes well with the insurance

·
Registered
599 Posts
My condonlances and thoughts. Good luck with the doctors and insurance agents, and don't settle for anything less than you deserve! But don't sell out your morals in obtaining that.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Sorry to hear about that. Any pics of the damage???

·
Registered
467 Posts
Sorry to hear about your accident! Make sure you follow up with the doc as the full extent of some injuries is not felt for 2 or 3 days. As some other posts said, cars can be replaced, people can't!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Sorry to hear about that. Hope you are OK and the insurance co doesn't piss around.

·
Full -N- Down
641 Posts
T-Boned? did the side curtain airbags go off? Sorry, just curious. I figure you would have said something if everyone wasn't ok so just remember you can always get another FJ, heck probably cheaper than your first one. Can't replace family or friends though. I've got a friend who's on the local PD and he's seen a couple FJ's that were in serious accidents and he tells me it's a safe vehicle. I believe him, your thoughts?

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Ack, I'm sorry to hear. Good luck with insurance. I hope it will all go painlessly.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
no the side air bags didnt go off and no one really couldn't figure out why. I will get pics up as soon as I get around to downloading them. So far looking at $5k in damage to it with out putting it on a lift and they can see the body got tweaked pretty good from the frame so nothing is lined up. We find out from our x-rays how bad our backs got messed up today from the chiropractor but now Im forced to get a lawyer because his insurance is already trying to back pedal around paying for things so this should be interesting.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Good luck with the lawyers. It's a mess that shouldn't happen, but always does. There are even firms here in Milwaukee that pander deliberately to accident victims stating they know how to get an insurance company to settle. All you Milwaukee FJ owners, let's have a groan for "Hupy & Abraham."

Hopefully all goes well at the doctor. From the sounds of it, you're lucky to even be alive after being nailed in the driver's side door. Like others have said, the FJ is awesome, but it ain't arms and legs. :)

Howls,
FJ Wolf

1 - 20 of 32 Posts