Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm located in Oklahoma and I'm looking for a set of wheels for a trailer I'm modifying.

I only need two, but I will buy up to a full set of 4 or 5 if you do not want to sell only 2 wheels. I am willing to discuss both sets with or without tires, but only 16" wheels.

I would like to purchase the tires that match the 16" off road package wheels, but I know I can't always be too picky.

Thanks,
Chuck

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have a set (5 wheels) of the 16'' offroad wheels (same as your picture above) and tires (rugged trail's) that I just took of my fj (they have about 25K miles on them). The wheels and tires are in great shape, no scratches on the rims and the tires are still in good condition. The only thing that sucks is that I'm in chicago, and I think shipping to oklahoma would be pretty pricey.

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
As well I will be selling mine too but they have a few scratches. :)

·
Registered
325 Posts
I'm located in Oklahoma and I'm looking for a set of wheels for a trailer I'm modifying.

I only need two, but I will buy up to a full set of 4 or 5 if you do not want to sell only 2 wheels. I am willing to discuss both sets with or without tires, but only 16" wheels.

I would like to purchase the tires that match the 16" off road package wheels, but I know I can't always be too picky.

Thanks,
Chuck
I'm looking for a pair as well, for a trailer build. If you end up in a deal with two more than you need/want, give me a PM and maybe we can work out a 3 party deal. I'm near Carson City, NV.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Chuck, I have a set of 5 of those 16" wheels sitting in my garage they don't belong to me but the owner does want to sell them. They are experienced (scratched) but quite usable and have boxes to ship them in. PM if intrested and I will get ahold of him. Doug

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a set (5 wheels) of the 16'' offroad wheels (same as your picture above) and tires (rugged trail's) that I just took of my fj (they have about 25K miles on them). The wheels and tires are in great shape, no scratches on the rims and the tires are still in good condition. The only thing that sucks is that I'm in chicago, and I think shipping to oklahoma would be pretty pricey.
I'm not sure of shipping cost, but I know that tire rack and places like that ship tires all of th time. I don't think you can just take them down to your local UPS store, but I know they can be shipped. Cost on the other hand may be an Issue.

I had a set of tires shipped to me a few years back for my Tiburon. They did not include the wheels, just the tires, and it was pretty cheap. All they did to ship them was wrap them up in plastic and put a shipping label on them.

If something else doesn't turn up we can talk more after the holidays. I think the shipping companies are busy enough right now.

What do you think the wheels and tires weight? 60~80 pounds each? Maybe I'll call UPS and see what they think.

-C

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Chuck, talk to Digger. He has several behind the house that the wife would love to part with.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
By the way, do I smell a trailer project in the works? :bigthumb:
Yes, A trailer project is in the works..
I picked this up a few months ago, it took forever to get the paperwork cleared but now I have it.

It's a M101A1 military trailer. Translation: Old 3/4 ton Military trailer. Old style wheels and axle, no surge brakes. The Newer A2 and A3 versions of the M101 use a surge brakes and have standard 8 lug wheels. I guess I should have gotten of of those.

I'm still not sure what I'm going to do with it, I'd really like to bring it to the jambo, but I'm afraid of the tires. If I get a flat on the trailer I'm stuck. The tires are pretty standard for military tires (9.0 x 16), but I still don't have a spare. I can find the tires on-line..
Non-Directional Military Tires - Specialty Tires of America but I'm not even sure If I an get a local shop to change it.

Anyway I started a thread to discuss some options for using the trailer here..
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...19260-m101-trailer-camping-looking-ideas.html

I know it is a bit to big to use as a full time camping trailer, the smaller 1/2 ton models are better for that, but I figured I could at least us it to haul stuff like firewood to the Jamboree.

To get a standard wheel / tire combination, and to help reduce the weight my first upgrade will be the axle swap. I've already contact the company for the new axle. It sounds like it will be about $150 shipped. This should be a direct bolt on, and match the 6 lug Toyota wheels. It is a custom order but that didn't seem to be much of an issue.

This project would move along much faster if I had a garage, but for now I'm stuck working outside. So maybe by Jamboree 2012 I'll have it ready.

-C

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
Chuck,after Jambo just follow us back to my place then swing over to "Digger's" to get the tires.If he gives you anymore Sh!t about it let me know.I'm done with the games he plays.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts